[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - looking for a power steering guru for info
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 looking for a power steering guru for info 

Post looking for a power steering guru for info
Hey, looking to do a power steering upgrade and I'm looking for the latest conversion. I was just told nissan xterra box works well, saw all the expensive kits, know from 73 to 77 eb's had it and the 78-79 bronco/f150 thing. Hard to find eb stuff, heard the bronco/150 way gets in the way of radiator and that rebuild with the right gear thing. Anyone done the xterra thing, what is the hot ticket? Easy to find, easy to do, and cheap. Their is always a junkyard way. Please inform. Thanks.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Post Re: looking for a power steering guru for info
Cheap and easy is the 4x4x2 box. Im not sure about the radiator clearance. the early years had a factory 6turn box with is a lot less desirable. later years (76/77?) will have the 4turn box. But what ever box you choose be sure you put on a saginaw/delphi pump. If you find an old factory box and need it rebuilt look at west texas offroad. At the swap meet plumbdoctor had a factory 4turn setup for sale. May contact him. If your looking at the 4x4x2 box contact casadejohnson as he builds them locally.

I've never heard about the Xterra box. Any links to the info?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:24 pm

I guess the delphi box is from the nissan and toyota, with the four bolt thing. Read great info on B.C Bronco site and thx for yours, Chuch said that four bolt connection is weaker than fords, duh. No delphi for me, guess the 4x4x2 is the way to go, thx for the help. Read the swap info to convert, it all make sense now, sweet... power steering in my 69.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Depends on what you're doing with your Bronco. If you're not going to wheel hard with big tires, stock is fine. 4x4x2 takes a little more to get installed and will likely set you back more as well.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The easiest install is obviously the original Bronco setup but be careful when buying a used one because some are not quick ratio ( If that Matters to you). Good 4 turn factory Boxes are often pricey but deals are out there. The 4x4x2 is my favorite alternative, I even yanked the factory Power Steering on my 74 in favor of the 4x4x2 box because its a quick ratio box and it stouter than the factory box. Mounting the 4x4x2 box can be done a couple ways. You can either modify the frame for the different bolt pattern of the 4x4x2 box or you can use the adaptor plate that is sold by Bronco Graveyard and some of the other vendors http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-128 ... apter.html
I have done Both and Both work fine.. As stated previously, The Saginaw "Canned Ham" pump is a good choice for a V belt setup.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have done the early Nissan pathfinder power steering box conversion the bolts line up almost perfect it seemed like a good strong box. I have had the bronco box pretty weak in the sector shaft seen a lot of box blow up I'm currently running a 4x4x2 box. Its a older AGR setup and I like it a lot . I tapped it for a ram and have had no issues. saginaw pump with westtexasoffroad mods couple things I would do no matter what you put on plate the frame where you mount the box. There is a ton of force on the frame there. They rip all the time. Gusset the box if you can . Put a flaming river joint on the box to the steering shaft . Majws for a easier repair on the trail.

Trei

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]