[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - AR15 Geeks?
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 AR15 Geeks? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post AR15 Geeks?
Wondering if any of you have exp with building an AR15. I would like it chambered in 308, keep it more tactical than a bench set up. Bushmaster? DPMS?

I know there are a million options but I was looking for feed back and ideas. This is something I can piece together over time and have fun with building

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: AR15 Geeks?
Oh I have a few I have built. I think i have maybe 6 or 8 lowers I have waiting to be built. I would like to build a 308 but the loweres and parts are kinda high.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canon City, Co

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

other than a lady in a bikini I can't think of anything more sexy on a blanket.

If you have suggestions I am alllll ears!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

AR15.com

Canon City, Co

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Naw really the site is good from building to tech it is the best. Just spend some time on there its all there.

I will help all I can but take a look at what is on the site I recommended and lets chat if you want.

Model 1 sells some nice kits but there has been a backlog.

Canon City, Co

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

as long as we can video it and send it to PETA!

Seriously though that would be awesome!

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Busting dogs here.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canon City, Co

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You should have seen grandma back in the day!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't have any video but back in the day my grandma was one mean chick, drove 3/4 ton 4 x 4 trucks, has LOVE & HATE tattooed on her knuckles and carried. Of course that was just my mom's side, my other grandma taught me how to farmer blow when i was 8, and was an Okie during the depression. Damn tough women, I believe my mom could still out work me to this day!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kinder, that is awesome. Tough women rule.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

True story, My grandmother on my fathers side smoked nonfiltered cigs till the day she passed and could skin and process a White Tail Deer before the meat was cold with one hangin off her bottom lip. She also split wood for our wood burning stove well into her 80's and mannnnnnnnnn that women could cook!

Maybe we should change the thread to My Grandma Could Kick your Grandmas a$$ OR Whoes more Redneck? I don't deny my redneck roots...proud redneck blood pumps in these veins!

beer

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't have my AR any longer but I still have my AK! I have a brother who has his FFL and has manufactured a ton of them. He moved recently and is just getting back into it so I have him getting me another AR in the works. Count me in for the Prairie Dog carnage!

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've only got the one. A DPMS "MilSpec" I picked up right after the election. Completely coincidental. I was in the market anyway and wanted to beat the price increase. Which I did, seeing as the same rifle was selling for 600 MORE than what I paid only a week later.

It's pretty much bone stock with the only addition being a rail system on the front. Still rocking the carry handle too. Have been planning to pick up an EoTech but Bronco parts have been higher on the priority list.

Dave, how do you like your ACOG? I ran one on my work gun for about a year until the EoTech 552s came out. Haven't looked back since. But most of that choice was based on sight picture acquisition time being better, for me, with the EoTech.

While we're on the subject of guns, 1911 guys? I'm going to make the drive to Golden one of these days to visit a guy. He retired out of my organization and now spends his time tricking out guns and running a shooting course. I've got a Commander model 1991 Colt I would like to get spiffied up.

Billie, I've got a guy you might be interested in talking to regarding building your AR-10/15/.308. For that matter, I might just pick his brain and disseminate the knowledge to the board. Anyone here ever toyed around with...carbon fiber barrels? icon biggin

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

"Dave, how do you like your ACOG?"

I love it.....for a Chinese knockoff.

Actually does a great job out to about 300 Yds if you don't mind dumping a couple of extra rounds on a dog. One shot kills out that far is every 3 or 4 dogs. For most of my fine shooting, and one shot kind of hits I use a more useful scope such as a 4X12 Leopold on a bolt action.
But that is for a more serious take your time kinda situation.
I do have the more refined AR I built recently with a competition trigger and the 24" barrel etc. I will be putting a variable scope on top of it. Just haven't had time to work on it or dial it in.

Canon City, Co

Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will need to look at my 1911 for the Brand. It is 50+ years old and one of my favs.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Springfield Loaded model here. My primary carry piece. If/when I get the Colt tuned up, I may transition of to it instead.

"With CZ, the corporate structure to develop the company properly now firmly exists and it now has the brightest future outlook it has ever had. All major components, management, development, manufacturing, marketing and sales are now in place for Dan Wesson firearms to develop into a world class company. With the union with CZ, Dan Wesson Firearms is now positioned with the recourses and personnel to make it a top manufacturer in the global firearms market. This history will continue to step forward with new and exciting products and innovation from the excellent people of CZ and Dan Wesson Firearms."

I wonder if Dan Wesson's acquisition by CZ in '05 has had any effect on quality control over there.

They seem like decent pistols, or at least should be based on the price.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

True enough...thats why I bought the XD40 Subcompact from Chad. Good price, durrable and a hell of a pistol. Works nice for a CC

Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love all the gun related signature lines. Ugly74 over on CB.com had one of the best ones I've seen. "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."

The Terrible One

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:06 pm

i freakin love my kimber 1911. i just have the base model custom 2. so smooth and dead on. has about a 1000rnds through it and not a single issue.

so whens the ccb shooting day?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:22 am

So i just got a christmas bonus. trying to decide on what to get. Anyone have any sugestions in the 700$ range. Im thinkin about the new ruger SR40 or a taurus judge. I currently have a 9mm, 380, 45, 357, and various rifles and shotguns. Anyone have something thats fun to shoot? I'd go for an AR but the prices are still retarded.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:14 am
Profile WWW

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:41 am

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do I really NEED a Carbon 15 5.56mm "pistol"?

banghead

The Terrible One

Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Even if you have to ask, you probably still need it. That looks like it would be a ton of fun to shoot, not to mention intimidating as hell if anyone ever turned up in your house uninvited.

Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Okay AK fanatics, Romanian manufactured gun with two mags, pretty much stock with a couple hundred rounds through it: 400 bucks. What says you?

Just to clarify, this is a gun I am looking to buy.

The Terrible One

Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next