[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Looking for a vehicle for a DD - more unique the better!
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Looking for a vehicle for a DD - more unique the better! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Looking for a vehicle for a DD - more unique the better!
I recently sold my car and my Bronco is currently in the garage for a lung transplant and have been looking around for something unique and fun to take up daily driving duties for a while - i have a new job and its about 1.5 miles away so don't really care about MPG or too many comforts but a heater would be a must. Another must is size.. i need to keep this less than a fullsize pickup in size. The smaller the better but would love to have a pickup bed or the ability to haul crap in.

I am not sure what exactly I am looking for but something cool, unique, fun and most importantly cheap.

Definitely do not want a project, or at least a project for now and it must have a working heater.

I have been concentrating on $3000 or less but depending on the uniqueness and fun factor i might go just a little higher. I would love to stay around $2000 if possible and no emissions so that means pre 75 or if its after 76 at least something easy to pass emissions.. - EFI vehicle etc.

I have been actively searching for the following - and keeping it Ford for now :)

Pre 1975 Ford Courier

1960's Ford Econoline - either the pickup or short van (windows and bench seats would be great)

1966 Ford f100 4x4 shortbed - willing to go a little higher in price for one of these.. but would rather have a non-show truck. And yes Gunni I did talk to the guy in Gunnison who's selling one.. but its a long bed :(

And of course.. i would love to get my hands on a uncut bronco half cab! but right now unless I found a crazy deal from a crazy person I would be lucky to touch one for under 8K...

do you know what they look like? :)

I have also looked at high mileage Ford Ranger 4x4's.. but honestly they are not that interesting or unique.. but they are practical and cheap...

If you have a suggestion or some leads on something cool and fun let me know, like i said I'm open to practically anything.

Last edited by landshark on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Looking for a vehicle for a DD - more unique the better!
Too bad it doesn't have a title.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4284347417.html

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Courier you say?

http://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/4283503559.html

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I know it's also not interesting, but an older yota pickup would be good. Reliable, etc. Or one of those Nissan Hardbody trucks.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4284491467.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4284275580.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4284936396.html - This one is begging for a 6BT swap when you're ready for a project!!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Any of the little 4 banger pick-ups are great.

The Ford courier is a great choice.

I've had Datsun and Chevy Luvs that were great as well.

But, MacDaddy would be one of those VW Rabbit pick ups that had the little diesels. My buddy had one and it was indestructible.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Last edited by landshark on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do the VW's come in 4x4? My guess is no.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4243658107.html

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The VWs were front wheel drive. It's basically a Rabbit with a pickup bed. I had a 1980 Rabbit Diesel for my first car. Gutless (64hp!) but fun to drive and got 40-45mpg. It'd be a great option for a veggie oil conversion. You can have have exhaust that smells like french fries or Chinese food.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Jesus_man beat me to it. I'd be all over that rabbit pickup. Those things are sweet!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm partial to the subaru. The first thing I thought of was the "Brat". Its carbed, 307,628 mi, and only $1500. You may talk him down or at least get him to vacuum it out.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4278577618.html

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:56 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

I vote Courier as well.

But I don't think I could leave it alone. It would be another drag car project in no time.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 pm

A courier with a 2.3 4cyl and a big turbo.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here a couple in the springs

This one looks in good shape

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4259438345.html

This one not as much
http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4274931267.html

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I really want to see what this 42 looks like. The 55 isn't bad, but I'm guessing no where near your price point you've set.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4286416021.html

The Terrible One

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What about an f-100 unibody? Super cool looking and pretty unique! http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4262473135.html

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Unibodys are cool... but would want a 4x4 if I go with an f100.. i know picky picky :)

Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What about a 97 Saab SE 900 turbo? Any thoughts on them?

Heres a 65 Fairlane coupe...

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4185734951.html

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:02 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

I like the Fairlane.

I'm not sure you could give me a S.O.B. unless I was stuck walking though.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X2 on the Fairlane. Paint a big sheriff's star on the side, black out the wheels, and pretend you're out running down moon shiners.

I'm eyeballing a 67 in the Springs but it's a four door.

The Terrible One

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm not a Saab fan, but my buddy in college had one just a little newer than that and I was surprised at how fast they are. What does Edmunds.com say about them?

That fairlane is cool!

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Let's be clear, STAY AWAY FROM SAABs, enough said.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You need this, it's 4wd. Image

Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You want unique? Here you go. And way under budget. Dress warm though.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4286115094.html

The Terrible One

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would DD that in a heartbeat.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ha whoa! that thing.. is... a project.. but cool

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would drive this as-is. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4227033756.html

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i wonder what marv is asking

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 353 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next