[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Possible donor Bronco proposal
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Possible donor Bronco proposal 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Possible donor Bronco proposal
As most of you know, I am about to put two Broncos on the market in the coming weeks. I have some reservations about one of them, a 1966 Roadster. My main hesitation with this truck is that it will wind up in the hands of someone who will simply chop it up for parts and chuck everything else to the side. I have no illusions about it's condition, and do not expect to get much money for what I have. Keeping all of that in mind, I have been considering some proposals.

I wanted to throw this out to the board/club and see what kind of feedback I can get.

I am willing to donate the Bronco to the club as a build vehicle. I know there are quite a few here that are looking at winter projects as well as future upgrades/repairs. The truck in question will require quite a bit of body work, including but not limited to: floorboard; inner fenders; door posts front and rear; rear wheel wells. As a long time Bronco owner, I know these particular repairs are common to most Broncos. So, a club clinic where these repairs are made, on a club owned truck, would provide a good bed for trial and error, free of mistakes on a member's truck. Additionally, the truck will need an engine, transmission, and wiring. These all seem like pretty good areas that members may be interested in learning more on.

Ultimately, I would love to see the truck restored and back on the road. The idea of it winding up in a scrap pile simply does things to me that I cannot describe. And yet I know I will NEVER have the time required to do all the work myself.

Once (if ever) complete, we (the club) can all decide on what to do with the finished product. A few ideas that come to mind are a raffle (for club profit, or other reasons), auction, or whatever.

Let me know what you guys think. I probably don't have to say it again, but I will. I'd love to see it stay on the road and just don't know if I can hand the title over to a seller without the clear knowledge that it will.

Just to give everyone a warm fuzzy that I wouldn't try and turn around and lay claim to the Bronco once/if it was restored or rebuilt, the donation would be accompanied by a bill of sale (I think $1.00 should suffice) and my handing over the title.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Possible donor Bronco proposal
wow,

That is a generous proposal, and one I do like a lot. There are no shortage of issues that would need cleared up including where to store it, a build plan (even if it takes several years to complete) and the ultimate fate of the completed bronco.

I know that there have been 4X4 clubs that have built project vehicles, including one that is wraping up a bronco project now, but that should not bear weight on the clubs decesion to build one of our own.

As I said earlier, I like it. I like the idea a lot. I hate to see one end up at the crusher myself and this would solve that problem.

Greg

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I see quite a few people reading this thread but not many responding. Would love to hear some more opinions from the members here. Even if you think it is a half baked wild outlandish idea, your opinion is still valuable.

The Terrible One

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As long as we are thinking outside the box.............I am gonna steal some ideas from a different thread..............

1) What about finding a young person that can't afford a car that would appreciate a free or low cost EB as a first rig ?

2) What about finding a high school that has an auto shop class (I heard these are a thing of the past?) and donating it to them ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I won't even dignify that with a reply.

Dammit. I just did dignify that with a reply, didn't I?

The Terrible One

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:07 pm
The idea sounds good at first but once you start thinking about where it's going to be built (and how long it will be there) and what it's going to cost (donated parts are great but there's no way everything will be donated) it starts sounding like a money pit for the club. If it's eventually donated or sold will there be potential liability issues if something like the brakes quit working and the new owner gets killed driving it home? There's a lot of stuff like this that needs to be thought out.

Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

lets see some pics of such said bronco

Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Viper, you raise a lot of really good points, as well as reinforcing some of the ones brought up by others.

I'm going to turn my focus back to a straight up sale to an interested party. I'll keep this option open in the event the club does decide it is a potentially hazard/drama free endeavor.

The Terrible One

Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Punisher,

I respect that you are giving the club first crack at doing the right thing, which is to rebuild this bronco and keep it on the road. I understand some of the pessimistic points-of-view out there, but really don't understand why more people aren't offering optimistic points.

What a great idea for the club! And your generosity is overwhelming. I don't want to give up the idea of a club build. I think we can sell the end result, however we see fit, and use the funds to organize club events or depending on the success of this build, use the funds to buy the next club build.

Somebody else has to agree.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am hoping to finish my resto this spring. Having a project after I am finished sounds great. After seeing 10 guys yesterday meet together, all with Bronco skills, I feel that it could definitely work. If each person had things to do on the project, you could keep people interested.

The counterpoint is would people want to spend the Saturday building the Bronco, member Trail Ride, time with family, or any of 100 other things to do. In the summer, I am going to be topless, wife by my side, kids in the back seat, stereo up, checking out all Colorado has to offer. I am definitely interested but it may be a good Winter Project or rainy day.

I agree with most of the other opinions expresed. It is very generous offer and could be a ton of fun. However, unless the Punisher is independantly wealthy - I would suggest selling it to Gregg (Sean) and then all go help Sean on our free Saturdays.

To second what Chad stated - You have my optimisism and support what ever you decide Zack :)

Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My opinion is to use it in the work study/ work days (such as the floor pan instal day) for all interested members to come and watch how to install said part on. If enough members needed to replace that part on their bronco and would do a group buy then maybe a vendor would throw in an extra said part to be used as a demonstration tool for install before all participants installed it on their rig.

I know there are cons to this idea as well but thought i would throw it out there. Good luck with your decision.

Zen

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great ideas everyone and crazy generosity akaFrank. Here's my thought......I don't think it could ever work as a club build due to the reasons mentioned above among others. Since your main concern is that it stay a Bronco and have the chance at a complete refurbishment...why not donate it to Nick and NicksTrix and writeup an agreement that it is to be used solely as a base for a future customer's build?

Just an idea.

- Eric

Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I shot Nick a message this morning to see if he might be interested in picking the truck up.

I'm going to need to get rid of it soon because the more I think about it the more I start to think I should keep it and rebuild it. This would not go over with the wife and would likely kill the deal for the '72, pissing off two people at the same time.

If Nick isn't interested and there are no interested parties on the board, the high school auto skills program is next on the list.

If I go the high school route, it would be nice to find a small town school with a program. Maybe the type of town that still does things like homecoming parades and what not. Would be nice to drive up and watch the parade and maybe see the ol' '66 leading the thing. Anyone have any ideas for schools?

The Terrible One

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you kill the deal on the '72 Stroppe Bronco, you will definitely make someone else very HAPPY.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can't kill that deal. No compromise there. I'm a man of my word and that guy is counting on me to: 1) get that truck out of his garage prior to the movers arriving just after Christmas; 2) take care of that truck the way he would have; and 3) give him first shot at buying it back if I ever decide to sell it.

Besides, he's a member of my "community" and I definitely don't take a dookie on people who are a part of the brotherhood.

The Terrible One

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Terrible One

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How's this for a blast from the past? I must be a lunatic. My old '66 is up for sale again on CB.com and a small part of me (okay, a really big part of me) is thinking I should try to buy it back.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=239345

The Terrible One

Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When do we leave to pick them up?

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd love to be involved in a U13 build so good it looks like it drove off of a brochure. I can help with $! Peter

Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]