[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rocker Guards
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Rocker Guards 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rocker Guards
I am planning to get some rocker guards and I like the ones that contour the original rocker panel.

I'm having trouble deciding between the plain ones or the ones with the integral tubular step / ski.

http://www.dufftuff.com/1_4_Rocker_Guar ... p/7013.htm

Any opinions ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Rocker Guards
I like the plain ones. I think the downward tilt of the guard looks weird. It'd provide more protection, though.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

TFB has the plain version, they are nice. I think Lobo has the version with the tubular step. I'd check both of their rigs out for yourself and see which version you prefer.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey Rox,

Kinder is correct and I do have the tubular step! I really like them and have dropped them on a few rocks with no problem (harder than I would have liked). Not to mention...if you take the doors off, they work great as a foot rest icon biggin !

I got mine many years ago when I was in Washington and Duff's was as well! They convinced me to pick up the 1/4" and I'm glad I did. With that being said, these were supposedly a blem set that was considerably cheaper, so it may be worth a call to see what is in the back of the warehouse .

Either way, you can't go wrong as the installation was super easy and seems to be quite strong!

Attached are a couple of pics (not sure why they rotated or how to fix it)! Looks great in the driveway..doesn't it bangtard !

As always, you are more than welcome to stop and take a look!

My 2 cents!

Matt

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think the plain would look better on your rig.

Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys. I'm going to go with the plain 1/4" ones.

Matt, thanks for the detailed info. hope to see you on a ride with us this summer ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How do they mount? I would be worried about the extra leverage the tubular ones could add. I guess that is beyond the point because you made your decisions, but for the sake of discussion.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is a flange that mounts to the inside of the vertical lip on the rocker and there is a piece of flatbar that goes on the other side of that lip and you essentially sandwich the lip between the two.

Then the other end mounts through the rocker with some riv-nuts.

Reportedly very strong if installed correctly.

The tubes could add additional stress / leverage if the object only catches the tube (and not the tube and the guard)

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]