[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Imogene Pass Question
It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Imogene Pass Question 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Imogene Pass Question
We are heading out in a few weeks on a 5 night camping trip to Durango. We have two days free. We will be hitting up Telluride and Ouray for sure. Trying to see if we can fit all of our stuff (family of 4 with a 7 and 4yo) into our 97 4Runner. If we can't, we'll be taking our 2008 Sequoia.

Curious if we end having to take the Sequoia, from the Telluride side, how easy is the trail to Tomboy? We really want to get there as my wife's Great Grandfather worked there. We want to get some photos and what not to send back to her dad. From TrailDamage, it looks like the rougher stuff starts after Tomboy. If we take the Sequoia, we'll probably drive up from Ouray one day as far as we can go just to see the Basin and then do the Telluride side the next day. The Sequoia is just a bit too nice and too low to the ground to do anything more than a glorified dirt road.

I'm assuming that a stock 97 4Runner can handle all of Imogene just fine (let me know if I'm wrong).

Thanks!

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Imogene Pass Question
I don't recall anything that difficult between Telluride and the Tomboy mine. I do remember the terrain getting steeper and rougher between the mine and Imogene pass. The only thing with the Sequoia is how wide it is. There were places we had to pull over to let a tour truck go by and it was tight with a 62" wide track.

However I found this picture which is pretty telling:

If a truck camper can make it, you're golden.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Imogene Pass Question
For sure. Thanks! My wife and I are going to do what we can to take the 4runner. Would be much more fun. Maybe next time I'll be able to tow the Bronco down and do Black Bear and Imogene as the loop.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]