[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Another interior liner question.
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Another interior liner question. 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Another interior liner question.
Looking to put some kind of spray on liner for I see the cab. Looking for something to reduce some noise and keep temps down. What is a good choice? Professional or DIY? I do want a tintable option. Let me know.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Post Re: Another interior liner question.
Per Gunni al's HNR is the best for DIY. Not sure if it's tintable. A buddy is getting ready to line his jeep tub with it also.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Al's HNR is a heat & noise reducer that can be sprayed down before bedliner.

Al's makes a good DIY liner, it comes in colors, or it can be tinted with solvent based automotive paint. They also make a good gun, it is easy to use, and supposed to be designed for use with smaller compressors that a DIYer would have at home.

Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How much product do you think you need. I've been reading and it seems like almost 2 gallons of hnr and probably the same for the bed liner. What do you think?

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

HNR says is covers 44 sq ft/gal @ 31mils (recommended thickness), the bedliner 22 sq ft/gal @ 1/16", 44 sq/ft @ 1/32".

By those numbers 2 gallons is more than enough HNR.

I'd get 2 gallons of bedliner for sure. One would be thin. You don't have to mix it all. It helps to have a 2nd person there to mix the stuff & pour it into the hopper.

Hints:

You want a good paint respirator. Don't even try the bedliner without it. I wear it while mixing it up too. The HNR might be better as its waterbased latex, but I haven't used it yet.

When you mix the bedliner, mix in part C (last) stir it in gently just until mixed, but don't agitate. Vigorous mixing or shaking will make it set up very quickly. You'll have trouble getting it all sprayed before it locks up.

The LMR spray will make clean up a lot easier. But get a bunch of lacquer thinner and rubber gloves.

If you buy their gun, expect to replace the orings a lot. You might buy some extras before even using it. Our's ripped while assembling the gun. Regular hardware store orings work ok, but the thinner attacks them. So they only last one or two sprays. But they are cheap enough.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So if my math is correct, after buying the products, tools, and doing the work you would almost be into it for around the same money as a professional job. What would be the reason to not just have it professionally done and you don't have to sweat about it?

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I suppose you are right. Especially only doing one job, the tools, etc get expensive.

I don't know if many professional bedliner places will do a heat & noise treatment under the bedliner. Lizard Skin is not approved for under bedliner, and bedliner alone doesn't have much sound deadening or heat refelction. I wouldn't hesitate to get it done professionally if the price is right.

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]