[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - HockeyDad.....CC-DU this weekend....
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 HockeyDad.....CC-DU this weekend.... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post HockeyDad.....CC-DU this weekend....
Who is gonna win? I'm betting that they split DU down here tonight, CC up there tomorrow. I'm going tonight, so I'll try to get some pictures

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! fire fire

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: HockeyDad.....CC-DU this weekend....
Lets see, DU is ranked #2 or #3 depending on which poll you are looking at, CC is out of the top 10, I think I saw #15.

I think this season the pan will live in the DU trophy case.

GO PIONEERS!

On an asside, my boys are at DU right now, High school Hockey tryouts. Tomorrow evening, I wil be in your neck of the woods, Monument anyway. Drew plays against CHC. Now that team is seriously stacked. No losses in league play, only 2 goals scored against them (Drew did get one of them in an 6-1 loss)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I suppose I could look this up online, but...

How much are tickets to CC games? Do they typically sell out? The wife and I used to enjoy the occasional minor league game in Fayetteville, NC "back in the day". Been thinking about catching some local games to get out of the house.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dont know about CC but DU game tickets can be had for less than $20. Not a bad seat in the house.

That said, this weekend you might have a hard time getting tickets, any other - not so much trouble.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

cc will win like always

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well folks, looks like last night was CC's night. Tonight will be a different story I think. It is amazing what Gwazdecky can do to inspire these boys...

From the DU Hockey web site

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - The No. 2/3 University of Denver's eight-game unbeaten streak came to an end Friday night following a 3-2 loss to No. 20 Colorado College before a sellout crowd of 7,571 at World Arena in Colorado Springs.

With the loss the Pioneers move to 16-6-5 overall and 12-4-3 in the WCHA. Colorado College goes to 16-12-1, 10-9-0.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No, I know it's a major rivalry. I understand that one to the fullest. It isn't quite what CC/DU is, but still a good rivalry and one of my favorite games to go to and teams to watch. One of my major problems with the folks that come down is the simple fact that they use the F-bomb for every other word and it doesn't matter what or who is sitting around them. I'm not immune to saying the same thing, but when I'm in a family atmosphere like that, I can control my mouth. Last week, they cheered harder for CC's goalie getting carried off the ice than they did for their own team when they scored. The worst was a guy who sat 3 rows behind me that was wearing a suit & tie. I would have thought that he was 18 and just fresh out of high school by the way he was spouting off. He was yelling "get that f'ing bum off the ice", "the f'ing guy is a f'ing p*ssy" and when a woman next to him asked him to cool his mouth because of her daughter, this guy told the lady that if she was in a bar he'd smack her for talking to him that way. It's disappointing that the people that are the die hards are also the knuckle brains that give the rest of the fans a bad rap. I know that there are some bone heads in every crowd, but the UND group is the worst of the lot when they come to town. But what is funny about that.....I was almost a NoDak student, but I ended up playing hockey in Montana & California for a couple of years and college got put on hold so I never went there.

On the lighter side though, I'll post a few pictures of the DU game. The last picture is right after Drew Shore got mugged by Rylan Schwartz.

IMAG0093.jpgIMAG0095.jpgIMAG0100.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had to much going on this weekend to wathc much of the DU - CC series, I followed the games as much as I was able, watched about 4 minutes of Saturdays game and for the most part I can agree whit everything you said. The DU - CC series is one of those rivalries that almost transends the tallent on the ice. In recent past we had brothers playing on opposite teams, A shunned goalie a CC that would put on a clinic when he playd the DU squad. I guess what I am saying is that it almost does not matter who is ranked better, who has the better tallent, those games can go either way. As far as Drew Shore, yes, he can be a cheap player - especially against CC for some reason. But he is an increadible tallent on the ice and off the ice he is a very nice young man. For the most part, these kids playing for either school are wonderful young men who you would be proud to have mentor your child. I do not know how it is playing for the Jr. Tigers, but playing at DU we will form time to time get a varsity player or two who just shows up at practice and earlyu this season Anthony Maiani came out to one of my sons practices. He helped run a few drills, talked to the team and at the end of practice he told the team that he would give one of his game sticks to the player that was determined to be the MVP of the tournament, judged by the coaches. Well Andrew uses his stick still. The last several years, the Bantam AA team has been coached by a Varsity player, he graduated and is still playing junior hockey somewhere this season. Believe me , Drew Shore is the same type of young man.

Regarding the Souix FANS:

Everything said here in my opinion is true, and I have witnessed personally at games at DU and 2 years ago when the Souix made the frozen four held at the Pepsi Center. I went to all of those games and the UND fans were the most drunken, obnoxious lot of jerks in the building. I have witnessd fights in the stands, more foul language and problems durring the DU - UND games than any other, including CC. I used to have season tickets to the DU games as well (gave them up because we were missing so many games due to the boys hockey schedules). When DU played against the SOuix, I learned to give those tickets away. I just did not want my children who were under the age of 10 to be exposed to that behavior. Not all of them mind you, in fact probably not even most, but there were enough of the UND fans who became beligerent foul mouthed stupid drunks that they hold without exception the distention of being the wost fans in the WCHL (I guess unless you happen to be one of them or one of the players, then they are probably the greatest fans).

That folks is just my opinion, on both points, and worth exactly what you paid for it. Nada.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

HockeyDad - You wanna see a really good video, even if you aren't a high CC fan, the NHL Network & Reebok teamed up to do a piece on the Tigers called "Tiger Pride: Eight Decades of CC Hockey". The first 30 minutes of the movie are dedicated almost exclusively to the CC-DU rivalry. One of the best stories is when CC goalie Ed Mio got knocked out cold up in Denver by someone from the crowd who threw a frozen chicken. I remember the games at the old Broadmoor World Arena that were utterly vicious. I have several friends who played on CC during the 80s (when CC was an absolutely terrible team) and the DU games were always competitive. Like you said, it doesn't matter who is ranked higher, it is pretty much a toss of the coin as to who is going to win those games. And unless you know the rivalry & tradition between the two schools, I would easily say it is a bigger rivalry than Michigan-Ohio State. I remember when Luke Fulhgum played for DU, I played squirt through high school with his 2 older step brothers & up to bantams with his brother, the CC crowd really got after him because they thought he should have played for CC. Same with Joe Casey, I played with both Joe & his older brother Travis.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I probably go back a bit farther than you with the DU-CC rivalry, and yes it is fun. I was one of those who sat in the bleachers in the mid 70's at the old DU areana. My parents had a rubber chicken that they would wave around tied to an old goalie stick. Those games were always a great time. I remember one game after the 1980 olympic gold medal, it was 81-82 and there were still a few of the gold medal players on that team. My dad and one of his friends were so hard on Jim Craig in net they had him seriously dancing a little jig every time team USA managed to clear the zone. Times were different then. The game has progressed and is much better in many ways though I do not like some of the new USA hockey - ADM changes. PeeWee's are not going to be allowed to check after this year. That means the first real contact that kids will have is at 13, and by then some kids will be much smaller than the biggest kids. Those smaller kids will not have learned to hit and take a check safely. I am worried that this will create a lot of miss maches and potential injuries. I learned to check from the time I started playing.

I started playing as a kid at DU in 1972 when I was 5. Played through high school but found females were more .... ummm.... shall we say "rewarding" than hockey and as a result, never followed through with my post HS hockey opurtunities. I did not skate after HS until my kids started playing in 10 years ago. It did not take long for the coaches and association to recruit me and within 2 years I was head coach for at least 1 team and on occasion 2. This is the first season that I have not been on the ice and while I am enjoying it, I still miss the time with the kids on the bench and locker room.

So yes, I do remember the frozen chickens, and even an occasional live ones. I still do not know how people managed to smuggle a live chicen up there but they did. I have been to a few games at the old World areana and I will look for that video. I am sure I would love it.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]