[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - ZF5 Engine plate
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 ZF5 Engine plate 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post ZF5 Engine plate
Most likely going to swap from C4/D20 to ZF5/Atlas in the next week or two and have a question. What engine plate do I need for this swap? Will the auto plate thats there work or do I need a different plate? I think I have everything else under control except that.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: ZF5 Engine plate
Maybe I worded this wrong or put it in the wrong section. Basically I am trying to figure out which engine spacer plate will work for this swap. I know the ZF5 will bolt to the 302 but I currently have C4 and my research seems to indicate that the difference between the flex plate and flywheel will make a difference for the starter. That being said I don't know if the stock spacer plate for the 302/C4 combo will work or if I need to get something like the spacer plate from a vehicle with a ZF5 in it. While I'm at it is there any interest in a complete C4/D20 set up? I plan to sell the whole thing once its out.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The C4 block plate could be used in a pinch. The problem area would be the 2 or 3 bolts at the bottom of the bell. They most likely will not line up with the bell on the ZF. Probably only a ZF plate will bolt right on. The big thing to pay attention to is tooth count on the flexplate/flywheel. That will determine where the starter is located. C4 used 164 tooth so that plate would work as long as ZF flywheel is 164 tooth also.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a zf flywheel sitting in the garage. I'll count the teeth on it tomorrow for you.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

eBay $32.65 + $14.33 shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Bellhousin ... YI&vxp=mtr

Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

FYI, my flywheel is 164. That came from a 5.8 with the zf.

Sent from my Venue 8 7840 using Tapatalk

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the tips, going to pull the trans here in the near future and see what size the flex plate is and see if the current plate may work. If it won't work I will just locate a ZF plate.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]