[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Harbor Freight aluminum floor jacks??
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Harbor Freight aluminum floor jacks?? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Harbor Freight aluminum floor jacks??
My old-ish michelin brand floor jack I bought at Sams many years ago didn't seem to fair the 5 storage term too well. It works sometimes...

So I am considering replacing it with a 3 Ton Aluminum one from HF and wanted some opinions...

https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-alu ... 62530.html

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:31 am

Post Re: Harbor Freight aluminum floor jacks??
No. My dad has one and it's sketchy at best. Get the steel one

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ahh man, I was hoping to find something lighter to drag around...

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a HF aluminum jack and had to bleed it 3-4 times before it was halfway reliable. the price was right but I still don't trust it 100% of the time and I have seen it "Sag" or come down slowly over time. If I buy another I will probably spring for one that has a bit better QC. That being said I have been using the HF one for 4 years now.... so something to be said i guess.

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Costco has an aluminum one right now. No idea on cost or quality, but their stuff is usually good. I've had a. Steel 3 ton from there for 5+ years and it's great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gotta tell ya -- I use the HF aluminum's almost exclusively -- and had them on my Baja racer and Chase Truck. I've never had 1 single issue with them. Maybe I've been lucky?

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's good to hear!

Anyone know how to acquire a HF coupon? Do I need to sign up for their mailer? That might sweeten the deal for me.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you!

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I did it...I bought the 3Ton HF aluminum jack. It's about 30% lighter than the steel one I have. It feels nice and smooth when it jacks. It rises pretty fast but doesn't have the rapid empty jacking that my other one had. However it's much faster and easier once it's got a load on it. I do love that the jack handle can be stored straight up where my other one could only go to a 75* angle. I also like that the fill cap is threaded where my other was a rubber plug that I just recently lost.

I do want to find a cushioned cap for the end of the handle so if I hit something, there is less chance of it doing damage.

Lets hope it's got many years of good service!

Oh and they wouldn't allow me to use the 20% off coupon on the jack. They said it was in the fine print! Urgh! It does say that it can't be in addition to something already on sale.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ruff Stuff sells skids, Check RDC (RaceDezert.com) & Desert Rangers. A lot of the desert crowd make items for them, ie... skids, latches, pad towers, etc. Kartek is bad ass though, been ordering stuff from them for my prerunner build.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]