[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Baja Adventure w/Broncos -- Interest?
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Baja Adventure w/Broncos -- Interest? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Baja Adventure w/Broncos -- Interest?
OK -- I posted this on Classicbroncos.com also -- would like to get a few more folks committed before I start the detailed planning. Would be super cool to have some more CO EB's on this journey!

I'm seriously considering putting together a small group of Bronco enthusiasts who want to explore Baja in their EB's. I'll be in a '74 Baja Edition. This would be a family friendly adventure. Here's my thoughts at this point;

Timing - April '18. Would try to coordinate around the NORRA 1000 so we could potentially participate/spectate in a start or finish. I think the trip is about a 10-12 day journey.

Route -- We would either plan a group border crossing a TJ, or over near Yuma.
This would depend on where most of the group is coming from. Thinking something along the lines of the Trail of Missions that Desert Assassins does, but spending as much time running beaches on both sides (Sea of Cortez and Pacific).

Lodging -- Little to zero camping. Would work with locals to secure housing along our route.

Support -- Would plan at least 1 chase truck w/trailer that would carry spares, tools, supplies and have a trailer "just in case". Would also contract with a local "guide" to drive the truck and take care of logistics while in Baja. Will also reach out to the local Bronco clubs in Baja -- they are a great group and would be terrific hosts for us.

Costs -- I'm thinking there would be a shared costs of about $1k per vehicle to cover shared expenses (chase truck, guide, etc.). Everyone would pay individually for lodging/meals/fuel.

Commitment -- Only people who are interested in having fun, having a fully prepared vehicle and are total team players would be welcome on this trip. We aren't "racing" Baja, so the wheeling will be mild but your vehicle will need to be trail worthy and capable of putting a couple thousand miles on it. I know they break, so we will be prepared for that. But it shouldn't be because of a lack of preparation.

I think the ideal number for an adventure like this would be 6-10 vehicles. Right now I'm trying to get a feel for the level of SERIOUS interests there would be in an adventure like this. If you think you have an interest, let me know. Also interested in other ideas about the trip.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Baja Adventure w/Broncos -- Interest?
Wow, what an AWESOME adventure!! I'd love to commit to that, but I just can't from here.

One other thing you might consider is safe trailer/truck parking somewhere North of the border for those who might trailer in??

From my little baja experience and what has changed since then, Baja is quite isolated from the nonsense that happens on the mainland and it's really quite safe (especially if you have guys like Scott and locals getting you around). Expenses are cheap compared to a similar trip here in the backcountry. My guess would be about 40% the price; that seem accurate Scott?

And what an adventure of a lifetime!

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Count me as SERIOUSLY INTERESTED !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am also serious about going. How many days are you thinking about in total, including travel time to border? Also, do you know the availability of diesel compared to gasoline?

Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's better than most guys would have! I'd bet you'd be fine with one planned fill-up somewhere in baja.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]