[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Looking for knowledge
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Looking for knowledge 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Looking for knowledge
I'm thinking I would like to run a duel battery set up on my half cab.
Ideally I would like to run the normal engine stuff on one and the other battery would have a LED light bar and a snow plow.
How do I go about this?
Anything that I am not thinking about ?
Would mount the second battery on the opposite side of the original. Any wiring diagrams?

Now that being said I also was wondering if the Alt will charge both of them at the same time ?

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:21 am

Post Re: Looking for knowledge
My opinion is the point of dual batteries is to have double the capacity. You can get those isolator switches but why? Im running duals and they are just wired in parallel. No switches between them.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've heard arguments for keeping engine/running battery isolated from everything else in case you accidentally leave something on, you're only draining one battery. also if the engine battery dies, for whatever reason, you can jump start from the secondary battery. most of those arguments come from the overlanding crowd and tend to be folks running fridges and a lot of accessories though.

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would say it depends on how you intend to use the dual batteries. There is probably pros to both arguments of running isolated or in tandem. I added this to my Bronco battery for my popup camper because I didn't want to have the camper battery drain both batteries if I forgot to unplug the connection.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-acc-20092- ... fiEALw_wcB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I did this a while ago in my 4Runner. Most applies to Bronco.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-s ... setup.html

I used the Sure Power Battery Separator and it is operated flawlessly for 10 years.

http://www.ase-supply.com/Sure_Power_Ba ... _s/154.htm

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]