[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - RC Crawlers
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 RC Crawlers 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post RC Crawlers
Who out there in CCB-land is into RC crawling? I know there are a couple of you as mentioned in another thread, but curious to see how many. I've been into crawling about 3 years, but have been heavily into RC for about 25. I'll post up some pics of my crawler build in the near future. In the meantime here is a vid from the original set up. It is about 1000% more capable now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZrnckreB8

rtreads, you mentioned that Dan may move Finishline to yet another location? Whats up?

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: RC Crawlers
Very cool - never seen an RC rock crawl. Great video and Love the music too.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Search some more on youtube. The things they can drive up are amazing. Stupidly low CG and electric power (100% of torque at 1 RPM) make for a fun combination.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am into them, probably, way too much! I have been competing with them for about 4 months and am doing well! I mostly comp at finishline but I have been to a couple hobbyclown comps and some of the bigger colorado series comps. What does everyone else run? I have the new xr10 from axial. Running dual FXR speed controls, vanquish goodies, rovers and soon to be Holmes hobbies handwound motors. It works great! My old ax10 was built pretty sweet but I haven't used since I got the xr!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i just bought one, Scx10 with a proline bronco body. of course i have it all tore apart and messed up painting body. now building my own suspension links.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

by the way i could use all the help on cheapest place to get parts and also whats good and whats not. i want it to be a scaler but make sure it kicks ass.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As for the reloation of Finish line RC, he was telling me that he had a buddy that owned a 12,000sqft shop and was huge into RC. The plan is to move into that new location. I think it is really close to his location now.

The new space will have a huge drifter track, with roll out carpet for indoor carpet based road racing, a tractor pull lane, and multiple man made crawler piles. I think he will also have the outdoor dirt track for 1/10th and 1/18th scale. Sould be a pretty sweet setup!

Jason, my brother may be interested in your old rig. Though he isn't planning to get into it hard core. Can you send me some pics and specs?
ryan

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is a couple of threads running around on CB.com about RC cars. I thought about pulling the trigger a couple of years ago, but I never did. I would love to buy one, but funds are a little tight right now. Every once in a while I will look at these sites and kinda drool...

http://www.hpiracing.com/home/
http://www.rcrockcrawling.com/
http://www.rccrawler.com/
http://www.traxxas.com/

I know absolutely nothing about crawlers, but have always been intrigued by them. Do they actually "crawl" or is there the speed factor in it? I don't read any of the information, I just like to look at the pictures icon biggin

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They definitely crawl. They will crawl stuff that 1:1 can't even think about doing. There are certain speed things starting to get involved with some of the bigger competitions but it is just short blips of full throttle. Still not much speed! Definitely no more than about 10 m.p.h. for a quick little "gate" or something. There is a lot of technology starting to get involved as well.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zilla, just name your time and we'll go shopping. Crawler, I'm running an AX-10. I've wanted to upgrade to the XR-10 and convert my AX into a scaler, but have been putting too much money into the Bronco to make the affordable. Hope to do so later this year. I used to comp a decent amount (mostly the colorado series), but havent in the last year.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:04 pm

I have a pretty decent AX10. My dad just got a SCX10 honcho. I dont do any comps with mine. Just some bashing around. I also have a losi comp crawler sittin here thats my buddies. he left it here months ago and never said anything else about it.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]