[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Fun driving in snow...
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Fun driving in snow... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Fun driving in snow...
Man that was a fun commute.
The way I was workin the sticks with the 3spd, in and outa 4x I felt like a crackho at an orgy!

Found a new parking spot too icon biggin

Feb08_0002.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Fun driving in snow...
I feel your pain Brian, I didn't dial my rear brakes in after my axle bearing replacement so.... the rear is still spinning under power with the front end pushing when I get on the brakes. Putting in into 4wd mostly solved the problem,but w/the locker it was pulling a bit when I moved between ice/snow and dry pavement. Oh well, I may get to use my winch to pull someone out of the ditch on my way home this evening, Gun Club always has vehicles sliding off of it in bad weather.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Fun driving in snow...
This evening is probably the coldest I've had to start in. I keep the Bronco in a garage so morning starts, while cold, aren't frozen. Tonight I didn't leave work till after 6:00 and the temp by the back door read -8. Plus I hadn't driven to lunch so the Bronco sat all day and cold soaked.

The motor sounded pretty sick for the first 3 or 4 seconds, like it was running on 4 cylinders. I couldn't get the 3 speed to come out of gear. It felt like it was glued in 2nd gear. After a minute of running I finally managed to get out of 2nd, but I couldn't let the clutch out or the motor would stop. I guess the gears were still pretty well glued together.

After another couple of minutes I finally just put it in first and started going. It felt like the brakes were on and I really had to rev and ride the clutch to get going.

I realized I still have gear oil in the diffs and transmission from when I was in Arizona. Probably a pretty heavy oil to stay viscous in the heat.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]