[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Shock me !
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Shock me ! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Shock me !
I'm wanting to put on some better shocks before going on Baja Adventure next spring.

I've seen a lot of people upgrading but haven't seen feedback about the results.

I currently have the standard shocks that came with the WH suspension kit. I have 4.5" variable rate up front and 3.5" leafs out back. No current plans to go to long arms.

So, tell me what you spent your hard earned money in what the results were.

Or, just give me a great recommendation for my set up.

Many thanks !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Shock me !
Rox, I currently am all WH on my suspension, including the shocks. I am migrating to the bilstein 5100 12" shocks for the rear, and hoops and remote reservoirs in the front soon after.
Doing the Shock Jock from WH for the rear upper and using Ruff stuff mounts on the axle. I am going to change the shock profile on the rear to a total vertical mount and get some more travel and use the whole shock hopefully.

Also taking the 3.5 WH springs off and installing the 4.5 WH springs on the rear.

My WH set up currently rides and functions great, but I guess its the desire to make it function a bit better hopefully.

Canon City, Co

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:13 am

I am currently running a mix. Still have the old rs9000's on the rear. Dial set to 3 with the rear inboard shock mount. They perform great and have no issues. Up front I went with bilstein 7100 14" short body's. I got with Digger and we talked valving for my needs. He gave me a starting point and for my needs it's almost spot on. the ride is great. I should have gone 12in on the front as if I jump it or any really hard impact I may bottom out the shock. (that means bottoming out and compressing the bump stops). I may rework the bump stops and change them out.

One thing I'd really suggest is a shock hoop and long arms no matter what. The ride quality and stability with long arms is worth it alone. you can build lars bars for $250.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:29 am

Oh and after I got my valving for the fronts I placed the order with raceshock. I called and asked for what I wanted. It took a month or so but it's exactly what I ordered. They are a 345/135 digressive piston.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:01 am

Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll second the suggestion for the Bilstein 7100s since they're available in a short body. If you've got the room, I'm really happy with my Fox stuff and was able to cram in 12" on hoops and keep my inner fenders. I can help rebuild and revalve them if anyone wants to get used ones. I can also recharge any rebuildable shock with nitrogen, as I invested in the stuff to do it myself since I anticipated needing to tear them apart multiple times for tuning.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like the long arms and shock hoops from bloodyknucklegarage.com
http://www.bloodyknucklegarage.com/imag ... 0mount.jpg

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I also suggest bilstien 7100's and I might look at f250 towers instead of hoops or even custom towers that can act as a heat shield. I get allot of heat soak on my shocks up front and have had to build plates to block some of that heat. Granted my manifolds are literally on top of my frame since the engine is stupid big.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for all the input guys.
Probably going to go with the 7100

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good move. Both Justin an I have nitrogen charging so if you need to revalve we can charge you back up! I have a bunch of valve stacks for 7100's as well.

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What is the story with recharging these shocks. I have a set of 7100s that were only run a little more than 1 year, and now have sat for 3 waiting for my truck to run again. Would they need recharged? Do they leak down, or just need recharged when opened up for new valving?

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They don't usually leak down. If you're concerned, you can get an aircraft pressure Chuck on eBay for about $25. They're lossless, so it won't seriously impact the charge pressure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]