[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Which Car Would You Choose
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Which Car Would You Choose 

Which Would You Choose
Chevy Camaro 29%  29%  [ 7 ]
Doge Challenger 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Ford Mustang 54%  54%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 24

Which Car Would You Choose 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Which Car Would You Choose
The Classic Debate in the Automotive World - which Sports Car would you choose?

Chevy Camaro - 6.2 L, 426 HP, 420 Tq,

Dodge Challenger - 5.7 L, 376 HP, 410 Tq

Ford Mustang - 5.0 L, 412 HP, 390 Tq,

All three cars are around $30,000.00 Base List Price, Come with a 6 Speed Manual Transmissions, 4 Seaters, 2-Door Coupes, recently restyled, retro appearance, small block V-8's, and BIG horsepower (finally).

I am guessing that this forum is slightly biased to the Ford - understatement of the year lmao

My Bronco is my first and possibly only Ford - I am a GM Guy so put me and my wife down for a Silver V-8 Camaro SS ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Which Car Would You Choose
Mustang. I've got a for bias, but I've got an even bigger sports car bias and the Mustang is the lightest of the bunch by a decent margin. I drove one a while back and Ford has done a really good job of making the live axle handle well. If it was IFS I'd be even more tempted to buy one.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

Mustang for performance. I love the looks of the challenger but they are just so freakin heavy. And the camaro is just ugly and slow. Not impressed with that car at all.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

100% MUSTANG! That 412h.p. is heavily underrated. Hot rod t.v. just did a crate motor test on the new 5.0 and got over 460 h.p. bone stock out of the box. Not only that but it get like 27 m.p.g.!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would also go with the high HP Challenger.

During Christmas break, my buddy in Wisconsin just pulled the trigger on a 2011 Mustang GT500 with aluminum block and supercharger. Not too good in the snow but he primised I could drive it this summer.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Camaro. Got an 2002 z28 in the garage right now and love it! with the new 6.2 i can only dream about the power! That it makes! Plus i'm more of a chevy guy when it comes to muscle cars boxing

Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

F-O-R-D...I have an early one and I wouldn't mind having a later one sitting right next to it!

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:37 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ill take Chevy over ford in Muscle cars any day.Any one who would make a 76 mustang cant get my vote.Yes i know its light.But my favorite it the new trans am.You can see it on YouTube.type 2010 trans am concept you will see it its black

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is a gorgeous car. Way Smokey and The Bandit with the Gold Eagle on the Hood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ps0aD9HUg

I guess the Trans Am would be a Chevy since there is no more Pontiac?

Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Another none of the above for me. My Taco is the last late model production car I will ever own. If/when it ever dies, I'll drive the Bronco full time and build an old fuel injected boat for the days I want a car. Andrew Norton (of Baja Bronco.com fame) drives an old Falcon with a Mustang EFI 5.0 in it. I really love that idea.

Of course the boat will have to wait until I finish my 1956 F100 build. I'm thinking 434 stroker right now. Might build an FE instead though. Dunno yet.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

2006 4Runner V8 Sport Edition
1998 4Runner...DD with 333k and counting

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zack, I'm with you as well. I love my DD, but really prefer simpler cars. The only thing that keeps me driving late model cars is the safety features since I've got little kids. Being in an '05 Honda Odyssey really saved our bacon a few years back when we got hit pretty badly.

Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Same here:

If I could have any car I wanted. I mean any car, I have always loved the looks of the 69 camaro. I would love to and hope to someday do a full on heavy resto mod of one. FI motor, OD Auto trans, suspension, drive train, interior......

So for the purposes of this poll, I chose the bow tie.

I am one who has always driven my cars and pick ups until the wheels fall off, I have never owned a brand new off the lot car and I seriously doubt I ever do. I am actually thinking more along the lines of the resto mod driver route myself now days. I like doing the work, I love driving the finished product, and I love not having a car payment. Now my wife on the other hand.... she has owned several new off the lot cars and has never gone more than about 6 months with out a payment.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Of the three cars listed, I'd go with the Mustang. I think they all look good, they all perform similarly, but what pushes the 'Stang over the top for me is the simple fact that Ford didn't use any gub'mint bailout money. Simple as that. My opinion is harsh, but I don't think companies that have to be bailed out should get the luxury of producing their wares at the expense of the taxpayer. Yeah, I know GM said they paid the money back, but what, where & why did they get into that situation for in the first place? If that was my company you can bet your sweet ass that I would be still standing in a bread line rather than hawking an all new convertible vehicle to the Super Bowl MVP.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't care for either, but would go with the Camaro. Mustangs are a dime a dozen (I'm not a Ford car guy, anyway) and the Challenger...is a MOPAR. After doing this for a mere 4 years, I've learned to hate MOPARs.

'69 Camaro is where it's at.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:50 pm

Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I really like Mustangs and Trans Ams, equally.

My dad has a 68 Mustang, High country. It had a 302 and he wants to drop a 390 in it. Its sitting around right now and has been since I was a little kid but hopefully we will get to it eventually. Fixing up my bronco was like practice for fixing up the mustang, I love both equally though haha.

fav mustang: gt 500, 69 shelby mustang.
Trans am: 78 with the 405 and firebird graphics.
Bronco: my 69 sports package: D

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]