[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - SMORR offroad park
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 SMORR offroad park 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post SMORR offroad park
I know some of you expressed interest in a trip report. I'm being lazy and copying a report from the local club, but at the bottom I'll link to my pictures and a few videos!! Some are already included in the report as I became official photographer after I couldn't get my junk back together.

As daylight broke the next morning, I was amazed to see how full the campground was. There was a customer appreciation day going on with Sam’s Off Road shop out of Tulsa OK and they drew a heck of a crowd:

We loaded up everyone (Including the camp dog) and rolled out for some fun:

Still a lot of green in the trees down there right now:

Just getting our feet wet as we worked our way over to Wagoneer Hill:

I wound up leading the group which meant that I got to work my way to the top of waggoneer hill first. All was going fine until the last ledged which wound up kicking me over into a tree. I managed to save the rear glass, but the drivers side mirror bit the dust. This was a bummer as you really can’t see out of this thing, and now without a mirror that meant even larger blind spots to work with:

Unfortunately, the Bronco lost a center pin in the rear leaf, which caused the rear end to shift enough to cause the rear DS (and yoke) to die. So we snuck him out the rest of the way on Rocky Road as he followed the MJ:

Side note, maiden voyage on the MJ, the thing worked good!

After tying up the rear DS on the bronco:

We wandered our way back to camp for lunch. The bronco attempted to get out in FWD, but the big hill was too loose. We pulled him up until it flattened out. But once he started in on his own, his fuel issues came back and the bronco wouldn't stay running. So we hooked up the strap and parked the bronco for the day:

After lunch, played around on Flex N stuff as well as V notch:

Working our way to the other side of Rocky Road:

Unfortunately, there is where the MJ had its first little issue:

Thankfully, he had a spare. So while he swapped it out, we ran up and down the trail a few more times for fun 

The trail dog is still happy to be along:

After getting him going again and dropping the MJ off, we ran around a few other areas of the park. I managed to bend down my passenger side rocker really good when I caught in in a nook and used the Merc’s weight as a leverage. I did managed to bend it back mostly flat, however, the frame is a bit tweaked on that side now:

Others played around on the entrance to the rattler, but it denied us that day. I spared the Merc the damage as it would have ate the rear doors since it kicks you into the wall as you climb:

Not many pictures after that. We played around on Double Whammy for a bit (we actually all made it up), and Larry’s hill (that’s changed a lot!). While we all made it up the hill, there was a bit of a recovery effort on the old YJ as he first lost a hub, then the rear drive shaft.

My pics and videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nIw6jxfY5LaKEmZ13

The park itself is VERY nice! The camping areas are great. A nice shower house, a diner of sorts, a huge pavilion, etc. The trails offer something for stockers all the way up to tube buggies and with 960 acres, there's plenty out there. There are a lot of ledges on the trails, but as you can see the trail called Rocky Road is quite similar to what we have in CO. Wish I could have tried that trail, but that'll have to wait until next time!

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:57 am

Post Re: SMORR offroad park
Cool Pictures Thanks' for sharing

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]