[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Crawlercreations 60-9 front axle and $$$$$$ build
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Crawlercreations 60-9 front axle and $$$$$$ build 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Crawlercreations 60-9 front axle build and install threa
I assume you ran the 3 link Calculator on the front? What numbers did you end up (with those link lengths) with and how do they correlate to the driveability?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tue May 01, 2018 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed May 16, 2018 6:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A small update. The rear axle is built and ready to start installing. The axle and frame brackets are all in hand so I can just set the axle where I want, do some small bracket modifications as needed, and weld it all up.

Built axle

20180516_162220.jpg

20180516_162231.jpg

20180516_095945.jpg

Got this very welcome notification today as well

Screenshot_20180516-172204.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Very nice work! Looking forward to seeing the mounting updates thumbs up

Thu May 17, 2018 6:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More goodies!

Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The last big piece of the puzzle just came in!

20180519_130748.jpg

20180519_130802.jpg

20180519_131341.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 19, 2018 2:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Das nice!

Tue May 22, 2018 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Next year's project was procured today. 1995 roller 351w. Truck had 124k miles on it but this was, obviously, a rebuilt put in fairly recently. Will make a nice builder. Nothing crazy. Might stroke it to a 393 but we'll see if it's been bored already and what the condition is internally before I pull that trigger. Aluminum heads and decent power. Shooting for around 400 to keep it torque happy.

Anyone got a 351w Gt40 lower laying around?

20180522_102239.jpg

Tue May 22, 2018 6:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cast iron or aluminum on the 351 GT40 lower?

Tue May 22, 2018 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You might keep an eye out on ncorral.net. I got my complete edelbrock intake for less than the gt40 I takes fo for.

Wed May 23, 2018 8:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Phase 2 has been started. Ran into an issue with the new atlas not fitting my np435. I have the 6 cylinder adapter so it won't work with the atlas. Always sucks running into those unexpected and expensive issues. $400 later and I'll have a new adapter on Tuesday from Wildhorses. Will be working on it all weekend and some next week. Hopefully that adapter comes on Tuesday so I can stab the atlas and get some driveshafts made.

Rear is gone.

20180524_161534.jpg

New cut. I will add some .125 metal to fill in between the door opening and new fender flare line. A little more strength and it will look factoryish.

20180524_161519.jpg

My new front suspension came today. I've had the rear for a month or so now. 8 month wait on these unless you watch for them close enough. I got scammed on the first set I bought but, luckily, I used PayPal and just got my money back on them. 14" up front and 16" out back.

20180524_161240.jpg

Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looking good Jason. I like that you are keeping the body “look” mostly stock or at least recognizable as a Bronco even though you are using it as a crawler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu May 24, 2018 7:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu May 24, 2018 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Crawlercreations 60-9 front axle and $$$$$$ build
I can’t wait to see it finished and in action

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu May 24, 2018 8:57 pm

WOW those are some impressive parts on and already "built rig" not to mention the folding money!! I'm really interested in hearing a review on the ORI, Most of my buddy's tried convincing me into getting some but yet to hear first hand from someone local how they like them.

Fri May 25, 2018 6:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've heard nothing but good things about ORI's. And while I know they are more $$ that a coilover, I don't know how much.

Fri May 25, 2018 7:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 25, 2018 7:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I made some progress today. The atlas adapter has definitely set me back as it isn't scheduled to be delivered until Thursday. If it arrives when ups normally arrives it won't show until 4:30 in the afternoon so I won't be able to get driveshafts until Friday at the soonest. I was hoping for a shake down run next weekend so it'll be close. It gives me time to do really clean and nice work on the small details. I've got a lot of bracing to add to things but I'm really happy with the numbers I came up with on the 4 link calculator. Hopefully it translates well to crawling.

Clean slate

20180525_124749.jpg

Frame mounts

20180525_144451.jpg

Axle mounts

20180525_160240.jpg

New wheelbase

20180525_143519.jpg

Fri May 25, 2018 10:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Are you around 100" now?

Sat May 26, 2018 6:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat May 26, 2018 6:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Made some decent progress today. I went quicker with the front end because I had a friend helping. I'm solo now so it's slower. I've got to move my ori mounts a little tomorrow to make sure the tires don't rub them during articulation and build all the gussets and reinforcements for everything. I'll build the links and start burning everything in permanent too. Monday will be atlas install and final welding and painting on everything else along with axle install. Order my driveshafts Tuesday and start on all the details that take forever. Hoping to drive it by Thursday. We'll see! I know it's a big list.

Almost full droop.

20180526_163943.jpg

20180526_163954.jpg

20180526_164028.jpg

Full tuck

20180526_163159.jpg

Sat May 26, 2018 6:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Doesn't look like much progress today but it feels like more progress. Rear axle is fully built and painted. Just need to assemble it. Frame mounts for the links and Oris are fully welded and painted. Just need to build some links and install the rear axle. I ended up changing my ori mounts up top to inboard them a little in order to clear the tires on full tuck. The new mount is beefy and attractive. I'll add something to it to make it look more finished but it's plenty strong as is. Tomorrow should be rear axle build and install and atlas install. Tuesday is order driveshafts and start on all the little details. Still a lot to do but it's coming along nicely.

New upper mounts

20180527_110849.jpg

Rear axle all pretty

20180527_194048.jpg

Frame link mounts

20180527_155338.jpg

A little nice welding

20180527_121111.jpg

20180527_131528.jpg

Sun May 27, 2018 9:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm tired but I've made my main goal deadline. The atlas is installed and the rear axle is as well. Got it supported at it's ride height and measured for driveshafts. I'll call around tomorrow to see who can get me the driveshafts I want. It flexes really well and everything clears so far. I still have to cut the driver's side wheel well and finish up all the odds and ends.

When advanced adapters "recommends" a body lift to install an atlas they are not kidding. I had to cut a bit of the body to clear it and it still rubs in a couple places. I'll be working on that too..

20180528_132339.jpg

20180528_164941.jpg

20180528_172057.jpg

102" wheelbase

20180528_170909.jpg

Overall I'm loving it. I can't wait to get it done and get it out to play.

Mon May 28, 2018 7:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Obligatory flex shots...

20180528_173005.jpg[/attachment

[attachment=0]20180528_173054.jpg

Mon May 28, 2018 7:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice... you weren't kidding add the $$$$$$$ build to the title :)

Mon May 28, 2018 8:29 pm

Man you got alot done this weekend its looking awesome!
What type of fuel tank are you running and we’re is it located? And I have to ask what’s up with the pet rock icon biggin

Mon May 28, 2018 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 29, 2018 5:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That looks like a real beast!! I'm sure you are salivating to get it out!!

How exposed is your Atlas? Do your link brackets protect it pretty well?

Tue May 29, 2018 7:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue May 29, 2018 7:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next