[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - BAJA Adventure -- 1 slot has opened up!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 BAJA Adventure -- 1 slot has opened up! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post BAJA Adventure -- 1 slot has opened up!
OK folks – we’ve had a cancellation due to health reasons, so we have a spot opened up for our Baja Adventure. You are read about what we are doing on this thread;

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278722

Here are the specifics;

We will meet in Yuma on May 4th, where we have a secure place to store trucks/trailers. We will cross the border at San Luis on May 5th. We have rooms reserved at the following places (double occupancy). 10 Nights.

Where
1 Ensenada Horsepower Ranch
2 Punta de Carlos Solo Sports
3 Bahia de Los Angeles Los Vientos
4 San Ignacio Desert Inn
5 Loreto Via del Palomar
6 Loreto Via del Palomar
7 La Paz Costa Baja
8 Loreto Via del Palomar
9 Guerrero Negro Hotel Cowboy
10 San Felipe Playa del Parisio

We plan to be off-highway about 75% of the trip South, and about 30% on the trip back North. We will hit many of the remaining Missions, as well as plenty of other really cool spots in Baja. Much of the run will be along either the Pacific Ocean or the Sea of Cortez.

The rooms have been pre-paid and are approximately $1,850 PER BRONCO (2 people). This has been paid by the person cancelling, and it is up to them how much they are willing to transfer that for.

Additional cost will be a “shared” expense of approximately $500 PER BRONCO for our Chase Truck (Trailer, Drivers, Fuel, Insurance, Lodging). There isn’t any sort of fee being paid to me – I’m just a coordinator. Additional cost will be Mexican Insurance (about $250), your fuel, your food and whatever else you want to spend your pesos on.

If you are seriously interested, let me know ASAP! You will need a RELIABLE Bronco. We aren't "racing" thru Baja, and my intention is to travel trails suitable for a stock Bronco (with 4x4 working, of course). But the Bronco needs to be well prepared for a 2,200 mile trip down the Baja Peninsula and back.

If you are serious, I will put you in touch with the person who has to cancel and you can negotiate with them on reimbursement of their prepaid hotels. We have a group teleconference this Sunday at 5:00 pm Denver time if you can join. We’ve got a great group and only want people to join who want to have fun, experience a great adventure and meet new friends. If you decide this is for you, I think you’ll find we’ve got a very detailed plan and haven’t left a lot to chance – but it’s Baja – you have to able to deal with ambiguity.

Hit me up on email ASAP if this Adventure is for you. Scott

scott@barnes5.com

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: BAJA Adventure -- 1 slot has opened up!
Wow! What an incredible opportunity! Hope someone can fill in! Wish it were me but just not the right time.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I need to stop disassembling my rig. Or get faster about reassembling it.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I soooo want to go on this trip! I think I would end up divorced if I went.... slap

Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If there was ever a reason to cut the rear fenders on a beautiful green lubr.................Baja Bronco Adventure !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Scott - Just posting up to say I thoroughly enjoyed your write-up in Bronco Driver mag (yes, I am THAT far behind). I had to make the decision about 6 months ago to cancel my subscription as I just wasn't keeping up. What an incredible adventure! Any prospects of doing that again?

Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]