[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Back seat pondering
It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Back seat pondering  

Post Back seat pondering
So I have a 68 half cab, the body work is getting done right now. I made the decision to make the bulkhead a permanent installation, but I'm wondering how my decision effects the back seat. Is it going to be a pain for people to get back there? Would it make sense to turn the seat around and have it facing backwards? Can I turn the seat around without modification?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:09 am

Post Re: Back seat pondering

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So are you wanting to put a backseat in the back of a half cab or are you wanting to put a full hard top on a half cab and keep the bulkhead in as a permanent install?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:22 am

Put a full hard top on a half can and keep the bulkhead permanent

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:23 am

Also the mounting holes are existing and in the stock location for the back seat

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

From the factory, full cab trucks with a bulkhead only came with no rear seat. I don't think getting to the rear seat will be easy at all with a bulkhead. I haven't ever seen a rear seat turned backwards, but I think it will be closer to the tailgate, with a gap between the bulkhead & the rear bench.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:35 pm

Possibly I had a 88 Lincoln town car limo that I turned the middle seat around and it worked pretty good, but not sure with bronco.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Getting in and out of the back through the front is already a PITA. But, not so much for kiddos. Do you have a rear seat to play with positioning? I agree with Gunni, it will be close to the tailgate. post pics if you do this.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I mounted the rear seat backwards years ago, took the top off and went to drive in movies.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:59 am

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:58 am

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As others have said, I don't think you can use the factory mounting holes/seat belts tie-ins. I don't know why it couldn't be done, but it'll take some re-engineering.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I dropped the tail gate. It was a good idea at the time but if I remember right it was not a big success. Never tried it with the top on.

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]