[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Old ongoing project - The 428 donor
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Old ongoing project - The 428 donor 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Old ongoing project - The 428 donor
So I did a deal with Kinder while he was here he said there are some of you guys out there who like off the wall projects. I'm not much of a poster or a record keeper or for that matter keeping track of where I'm at on any given point with this project -"I just go".
I've broken things, screwed up and changed direction more times than I can count usually, well always resulting in more alterations, I've gotten information and recommendations from several members of this site over the years, can't say enough about vendors that have Holiday sales or supply bits & pieces for fab, you would be shocked what can be built out of junk laying around and how great plasma cutters are. I like retro looking controls and such so original steering wheel and a bunch of relays set up to drive crap, However my plan is still the 428 with a lot of what I've done being towards that end - Anyway not the most extreme build by any means just different. Here is basically where I'm at:

Originally a 1966 - not so much anymore - I drive it wherever I take it, just went to Rio grande and Carson tough on fuel though.
Currently "74" power steering
Currently rebuilt 289, 4 barrel, small cam, Delco HEI
10.25 sterling 3.5 Drums, 4.11 gears w/ eaton tuetrac and HD 44 w/ 13" dual piston discs and Tie rod over steering, Yukon 4.11 gears,Yukon front axles and eaton truetrac.
NP435 w/ twinsticked Dana 20 rear Dana 300 output, forged front yoke
2.5 suspension lift, 1" body lift and dual shock hoops
Coo Coo for cocoa puffs 3 tank fuel system, currently Holly red with return lines set up to each tank through a manual valve (Yeah that was a trick)
Huge cooling system, dual electric fans- vacuum booster w/ "76" camper special MC and front brake line lock
wiring has been redone 2 or 3 times, charging system 145 amps
broken some original axles so Armored up body panels.
bought rear bumper - made front
8000lb Ramsey winch PTO
Electric wipers, replaced floor pans standard bronco rust spots and just tons of small things
Hacked in dual exhaust until I complete the engine swap

My son will need a Ouija board to work on this thing.

Crap to do (actually I'll never be done)- Install 428, hydraulic clutch, re-route PTO shaft through front cross member and yet again re-wire for a Bussman power dist. center - Paint it Camo, cause everything looks cooler with Camo!

Here are some pics I have + some I just took:
"The 428 PI Ford FE Bored .030 over mild cam and homemade serpentine, some drive line, fuel and cooling stuff oh yeah a trailer built out of a wreck and a "65" pickup truck bed.

IMG_20181102_182328640.jpgIMG_20181102_184123191.jpgIMG_20151104_065844606.jpgIMG_20181102_181919330.jpgIMG_20180130_053756558.jpgIMG95201810209516182690195HDR.jpgIMG_20180119_065511821.jpgIMG_20181103_105703069.jpg

That's all the images I can put up - I have some more if you get tired of asking yourself what the #### was he thinking. So anyway just goin' for a solid all around I gotta be me, you can't live in fear, zombie apocalypse, hard to break, rescue me from poor choices 4 wheel drive - it's been fun, but like I said it will never done.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Old ongoing project - The 428 donor
Always cool to see different approaches!

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:11 am

Post Re: Old ongoing project - The 428 donor
Wow going form a 289 to a 428 your not messing around, cool build glad to see your using the rig !

Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]