[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Distributor among many others
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Distributor among many others 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Distributor among many others
Among the many problems I have created for myself I have some new ones. First things first. I was replacing the Dizzy, probably really screwed that up and could not get it started again, and killed the battery very hard starting anyway. So i started all over went to TDC and reinstalled dizzy pointing rotor to #1 wire, figured if it would not start there I would only be 180 out. Installed new battery and it cranked over a few times but did not start. Went to crank it one more time and it will only click now and not turnover anymore. I barely cranked this battery and it is brand new and made sure battery connections were tight. So among the many laughs everybody can have about how many things I know I didn't do right, I just want to get it running again.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:52 pm
Post Re: Distributor among many others
Battery can be new and cables could be corroded or have bad connections. Charge battery and clean all the connections. When I say clean I mean bare shiney metal. While the battery is charging find the compression stroke on #1 and set the distributor correctly.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nothing is corroded and everything seems to be tight.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:36 pm
May be too far advanced. Charge the battery and do the re-timing thing.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Distributor among many others
You might put a meter on the battery to determine its charge. If its good, maybe you cranked the rest of the life out of the starter?

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Took Battery back and it is fully charged, no corrosion on cables and everything is tight and it still just clicks. Could it be a bad relay, is there a way to test for this.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I got it to turnover, loose wire on the starter, it almost wants to start but I must be out of alignment in the distributor still.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

In the future, if you want to check your starter solenoid, you can use a remote starter. Or the quick and dirty way is to quickly short across the 2 terminals(battery & starter posts) of the solenoid, and see if the starter cranks. There will be some fireworks when you make the connection. Don't use a pair of pliers unless you don't like those pliers. Oh yeah, make sure the truck is out of gear.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I may have tapped a key with a truck on jack stands, in gear, once. I'm a quick learner.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Most be getting closer, it almost starts but backfires. I think I'm about done for the night.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]