[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Another rust topic
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Another rust topic 

Post Another rust topic
Im new to the forum, not so new to the bronco. I just picked up another bronco and this one would be considered a rust bucket. Never had to deal with this kind of issue before but as ridiculous as prices have gotten for these things, I guess you got take what you can get and go from there. So I picked up a 74 but really a 76, only a 74 by glove box only. It needs both rear quarters upper and lower, rear wheel housings, left striker door post, right front door post, passenger floor board, and probably much more from there. Im thinking of replacing everything from the floorboards back, and both rear quaters. Not even sure where to begin. I could use any kind of help/advice, would be much appreciated. Thank you

Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:05 pm

Post Re: Another rust topic
What is your time worth? An all new steel tub can be had for less than $5k but some assembly required. or there are a few shops that will build new for a price. best i've seen is $11k.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I agree with Rob. You can kill yourself cutting up a body and repairing rust. Especially if you don't have the back ground. Or you'll pay way more having a shop do it than buying a new body.

There are a few companies selling complete, assembled bodies. I noticed one close to me near Sacramento, CA, Shannons Broncos that had good prices on FB. I think this might be who Rob was referring to. LAL Customs is another name I see a lot.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:47 pm

I've looked into a few options like that but, money is always the bottom line. I guess I'll learn something new in the process.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good luck. Take it slow, temp in all the panels, and test fit everything (twice).

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Thanks. I'm sure its gong to a lot of trial and error, probably more error.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's doable for sure. I spent two years replacing sheet metal. Others have done it faster cause they know what they are doing. This was my first time ever doing anything like this.

Listen to Gunni. He helped me tremendously. Take your time and check 2-3x, then check again.

When you get stuck, post questions and pictures. Not sure your location but usually folks are willing to help.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post pics of the starting point for us when you can!

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:14 pm

yea I will post some pics. So mainly check the measurements in the door frame area?

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Every measurement you can take. Door openings, across the bed, hood opening (for square), etc. I had a notebook and just wrote everything down as I went for mine. I've been documenting it in the thread Project Downward Spiral.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:39 pm

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:47 pm

pictures wont load. That's some good advice. Was it difficult getting that old stuff out?

Im .in Arvada Colorado

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:50 pm

046.jpg040.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]