[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Need wiring help!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Need wiring help! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Need wiring help!
I’m connecting my 79 tilt automatic steering column to my 68 Bronco.

This is what I have so far and I think it’s almost correct but not sure about 100%

On the Left is the column wiring connected to the Right 68 wires...

2 prong connector
Green/Orange stripe To Orange/Green stripe
Orange/White stripe To Orange/Blue

6 prong connector
White/Blue stripe To White/Blue stripe
Green/White stripe To Light Green/White stripe
Blue To Blue/Yellow stripe
Green To Yellow
Yellow/White stripe To Green
Light Blue To Light Blue
*White with red stripe Unattached
ThankYou!!!
Filling up engine fluids and going to start it today for the first time since motor and trans have been dropped in!!!

Last edited by mickphatmac on Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Need wiring help!
Front Lt & Rt turn signals work
Rear Driver side tail light is ON... no blink on the driver side and no blink on the passenger side, it’s just on and even when you turn the key off it’s on !!!
I disconnected one of the wires on the two prong unit and got it to go off but still working out bugs

Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Take a pic of the wires on the harness side and on the turn signal switch side and I should be able to get you straightened out.

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ThankYou Phil...
(please don’t Pass Out when you see my wiring skills ... or lack there of!!!)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok. First thing I notice is there are not enough wires. Should be 10 wires in the tilt column. Also some colors don't match my info. This should get you close.

68 Bronco to 79 truck tilt auto column

green-orange (left rear brake and turn lamp, circuit #9)=green-orange or yellow-black
orange-blue (right rear brake and turn lamp, circuit #5)=green or orange-blue
white-blue (right front turn and indicator lamp, circuit #2)=white-blue
green-white (left front turn and indicator lamp, circuit #3)=green-white
blue-yellow (horn switch to horn, circuit #482)=blue-yellow or dark blue
yellow (12v headlight switch to horn switch, circuit #460)=yellow-blue or yellow
green (12v brake switch to turn signal switch, circuit #810)=red-black or green
light blue (12v from turn flasher to turn switch, circuit #44)=light blue

You'll need to add these wires if you want them.
dash light wire=light blue-red (for column shift indicator light)
pulsed 12V from hazard flasher=white-red (if you want to add hazard switch on column)

Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...ThankYOU!

Hopefully get some time this weekend to check it out.

Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

PHIL!!!!
YOU ARE THE MAN!!! ( but we all knew that already ;)
Three out of the four corners work perfectly, the rear passenger doesn’t do anything, I think there’s a cut wire somewhere between the light and the T? But I changed three of my wires and did what you said and everything works perfect man thank you so much!!!

Now onto my transmission woes...

Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]