[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - EGR delete on 96 EFI
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 EGR delete on 96 EFI 

Post EGR delete on 96 EFI
I just saw a posting on CB about plugging the EGR port on the intake, I didn't do anything to mine (but only have 30+min of brake in time)
Is this something I should be concerned about ? ?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: EGR delete on 96 EFI
Yes, If you are not using EGR you should plug the port. I believe I used a 3/4" or 1" NPT Pipe tap which creates enough thread to thread a brass pipe plug with an allen head into either the intake or the head. I chose the head because I already had the engine in the bay already and wanted it to be easy to clean out.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:29 pm

Dang that’s not good news, looks like I’ll add that to my list!

Thanks for the reply Moab Mike

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can put it in the upper half too without issue since you lower appears to be installed.

Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:50 am

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was looking into this last year when I was considering doing EFI and found this ...fel pro 1250 intake gasket set has parts that block the EGR crossover at the cylinder head/intake manifold gasket. This is the best spot to block off the EGR gasses so that they do not enter the intake manifold and heat it up.
Just install the gasket and no tapping drilling etc.

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I tapped mine without pulling the lower intake off the engine, You can carefully put a rag or something that won't tear apart in the hole, tap it carefully and then vacuum it out. It worked great for mine and had no issues or metal shavings

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:15 pm

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just looked back at what I did. I tapped the upper intake with a 7/8-9 tap. I don't know what the lower intake would use.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:57 pm

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, then I cut a bolt off, threaded it in. It was loose and I was wanted to make sure it didn't move, so I think I staked it in place. Maybe some red lock-tite would have worked. I forget exactly what I did.

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:32 pm

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry just getting back. I am not sure but want to say 1/2 NPT? I could be wrong -

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:53 pm

NP Chris,
I'm pretty sure a 1/2-14 NPT tap would work on the lower, but on the upper there just isn't enough depth to work. And since the lower is already installed and it running I didn't feel like taking the "risking" this late in the build. I use a 7/8-9 tap like Gunnibronco recommended on the upper and it work great!

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]