[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 3rd Brake Light with White Reverse/Backup light
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 3rd Brake Light with White Reverse/Backup light 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 3rd Brake Light with White Reverse/Backup light
I copied a picture of one of Phils diagrams on classic Broncos.com I hope he doesn’t mind.
Mine is a 68 but I think the coloring on the wires is basically the same.

Can someone tell me what color(s) to run to the (3rd) red brake light and which color(s) to run to the (3rd) back up light?

Passenger
Green
Brown
Blk/Red

Drivers
Yellow
Brown
Blk/Red

License plate bulb
Brown

The third brake light basically has one wire for the RED light with one ground wire
And basically the same for the reverse light, one wire with a ground as well

It’s listed as cargo lamp but I want to hook it up as my reverse light!

Thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 3rd Brake Light with White Reverse/Backup light
Brown is marker/taillights. Just hooked mine up yesterday. Yellow is stop.

I used the wiring diagram at seabiscuit68.tripod.com.

Adam

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So if I want the Tail light to act like a marker light and a brake light then I need to wire both the Brown and Yellow wires to it?

And I’m assuming the black and red is the back up light wire?

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wired up a similar light mounted on the top back part of my roll bar. I ended up running a separate brake light from the switch back to the 3rd brake light because it kept blinking with the turn signal from one side or the other. Backup was as easy as pulling from the wires in the tail-light, and running hot wires from each brake light wasn’t going to work. FYI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you Gentleman!

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Black-red is reverse light.

If you don't want the 3rd brake light to flash with turn signals you need to run a new wire directly from the brake light switch (before it gets to the turn signal switch).

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]