[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Bronco hut headers and exhaust problem
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Bronco hut headers and exhaust problem 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Bronco hut headers and exhaust problem
I received my Bronco hut 2 into 1 exhaust after many months of waiting. They came with ball flanges as compared to the Bronco Hut shorty headers which have flat flanges. I need to call Jerod (new Bronco Hut owner) to ask him about it, but wondering if anyone else had this issue. I thought they were supposed to be a bolt in matched system. Looks like great quality except for this issue.

Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Bronco hut headers and exhaust problem
If I understand correctly, the ball flange is what creates the seal when you bolt them together. I have the same setup and there wasn’t a gasket required and they just bolted together with the ball end cinching down. There will not be a flat connection of the two flanges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Eck, I was afraid of that being Bronco Huts expectation also - just smash the ball socket into a flat flange hole...no way to expect a decent seal that way, but workable I suppose. I'll update you guys when I hear from the Hut..

Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Update - heard back from all of the Bronco Hut folks old and new, very responsive and helpful - great people. It is their intent that the ball joint on exhaust be mated to the flat flange on header. They note that they had them made with thick flange plates to allow some crushing force to create a seal. Dana states that they haven't had any leaking issues.

I don't think it's an ideal design, but understand that the header manufacturer won't do a ball and socket flange - Dana had the exhaust made with a thick flange plate to compensate.

I'll let you know how the install goes.

Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been running that system off an explorer 302 for 3yrs 25k miles. No leaks at the flange but I do seem to have to tighten header bolts often. I'd suggest using some loctite there. I still like the growl...good system.
jg

Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks JG. I'm sorry to report that the system (at least this new batch) does not fit. I spent two frustrating days trying to get the downpipes aligned to the Y section with no success. I had to give up a bring it to the muffler shop and they had no luck either. Ended up having to fab a new downpipe on the driver side (the one that comes across the trans) as well as a new Y pipe. $300 payment to the muffler shop and the system is in. Would have been much cheaper just to have them fab the whole system from scratch.

Don't let this sway you away from the Bronco Hut in general. The owner is very nice and responsive, and the new batch of exhaust kits were ordered before he took over. I will note that I have a 351, although the system is supposed to work with 302 and 351.

On to the next project - hydroboost on the daughter's 77.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I should give a shout out to Exhaust Pros in Northglenn, they did a nice job.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When we bought the system for TFB Bronco Hut made a small change, at time of purchase, to the system when they knew it was going into a 351w setup as the system was designed for a 302. I’m curious if the new owners know about this mod?

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]