[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Extended Radius Arms Recommendations.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Extended Radius Arms Recommendations. 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Extended Radius Arms Recommendations.
Hello Folks -

Its been a while since I have done much on the forum, been busy with work and life up here in the PNW. But have pulled Wilma into the shop (ok drug Wilma into the shop - pulled makes it sound like she moved there under her own power and we are not there yet) and I am putting together the steering & suspension portion of the build. To that end, I am asking for recommendations on heavy duty extended radius arms.

I am running a full width HP D44 with 5.5" progressive coils I picked up a while ago in Denver. They are new, never run but i did not purchase them from the vendor. I will likely purchase the radius arm brackets and bushings from the same vendor at the same time unless there is a better option that you all come up with.

Plan is to run 37's and I want good on road manners with good off-road capability (I have a 20 mile 2 lane highway commute to town and tend to use my 4x4 playing in the sand, snow and of course general wheeling. Remember, my ultimate goal with this bronco is to use it to replace my daily driver and be able to drive it to Holy Cross, run the trail and drive it home. Now days - Holly Cross is a ways away but the goal remains the same.

I was originally planning to build my own but have decided the Lars-Bars might not be ideal for my build.

Lets have a discussion, what are the pros and cons of the different vendors extended arms. What do you all recommend? I will be placing the order in the next 2-3 weeks.

Thank you

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sun May 24, 2020 11:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Extended Radius Arms Recommendations.
Glad to see you’re picking back up on this. I’ve been hearing and seeing good reviews on the Duff arms. Looks like they have re-engineered them for 2020.

https://dufftuff.com/product/stage-3-tu ... 77-bronco/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun May 24, 2020 12:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 24, 2020 2:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I did my Duff arms two winters ago with Wild Horses springs and Bilstein 360/80 shocks and I really like the setup!

Sun May 24, 2020 3:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mine are Bloody Knuckle Garage long arms (Cage), but from most accounts they are similar/identical to the Duff arms. I wouldn't hesitate to go with Duffs or BKG again. Drove great on the highway & wheeled, until I pulled it all apart.

Sun May 24, 2020 5:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys. So Duffs is preferred. Anyone have any experience with Toms?

Sun May 24, 2020 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure about Tom's, but Duff's has been making their's for about 20 years I think. That's why I went with them. Plus I just looked at Tom's. They have the urethane bushings with the nut on the end like stock while the Duff's have heim joints at the end...offers better articulation.

Sun May 24, 2020 10:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Speaking of the heim joints, many have swapped the solid heims out with Metalcloak with rubber bushings. I have, but haven't run them yet. Might be worth asking if that was an improvement.

Mon May 25, 2020 1:07 pm

+1 for duffs. The ride quality and flex over stock and even over the lars bars we built is worth it. I'll be adding them to my 77 which will be 99% street just cause of the ride quality. You do get a bit more body roll with em since it frees up a lot of the bind but not enough to make is scary.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue May 26, 2020 5:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys - I preferred the Duffs as well but have no real world experience with any of them so hearing from those of you who do is priceless. Placed the order this morning.

Sat May 30, 2020 9:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good call on the Duffs. I love mine

Canon City, Co

Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

'81 Coachman Caper XL MH, 4WD, EFI 460/ZF/BW1356, D44/Sterling, 4.10s/35s, under const...
'83 Bronco, D60/Sterling, 5.13/ARBs, MAF EFI 351W/ZF/BW1356, 37" MT/Rs.
'12 Buggy, HPD60, Hi-9, 4.10s, Explorer 5.0, Atlas 4-speed, my chassis, EB skins.
And the latest project is a '99 Ranger Extra-Cab, custom frame/tube work, on 40s...

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally!!!!

Received notification yesterday that Duffs has shipped my new radius arms! Apparently, Covid has caused them lots of delays in production and procurement of materials. Duffs kept me informed regularly of the status of my order which was greatly appreciated.

I tried to get a hold of Jim at BKG but after a couple of messages and emails that seemed to be having difficulty in getting through, I went ahead and ordered from Duffs. Jim at BKG did finally reply last week but the deal was long done by then.

Radius arms, shims, etc should arrive on Wednesday.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thumbs up You will really like the ride!

Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:43 pm

Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]