[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 1972 air cleaner assembly
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 1972 air cleaner assembly 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 1972 air cleaner assembly
The air cleaner on my 72 is damaged, and missing the support bracket. See the pic.

I'm looking for a replacement but wondering what years would be the same. Maybe 71-72 only I think they changed in 73. Can someone confirm.

Where does the support bracket bolt? I can't see any signs of where it used to be.

What should be connected to the open hole in air cleaner where the arrow points?

If anyone has one they don't need, let me know. Thanks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 1972 air cleaner assembly
I figured out what years will swap.

70-72 are the same.

109528260_943481802795216_6512078935985895389_n.png

73+ the air inlet changed and a plastic duct (missing in this pic) went to the core support.

IMG_1884.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

When I get near my storage on Friday I’ll dig through my box of air cleaner parts and see if I have one.

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks,

I took a closer look, I just need the top and the bracket. I can transplant my lower air filter housing to a usable upper. I think they are the same 70 & up from what I've read. There are some that are shorter that were used early on, the longer ones hang the cleaner out past the valve covers further.

Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If kirk finds it I can transport to Dayton if you want to meet up sometime early in the morning on the 15th lol ...

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, at the moment not sure - there are two chase rigs going - my van and Rob's pickup. We have 6 of us including two in the bronco.

We plan on pitting 3 times - full refuel at pit 4 and pit 9, then dump whatever is left in at pit 12. But as always who knows what will really happen during the race.

you can see the map locations of all the pits on page 3 here: https://bitd.com/wp-content/uploads/202 ... t-Book.pdf

Race starts the on Friday the 14 - we expect to leave the starting line around 12:30. If all goes well we should average 35mph or so - and finish around 2:30-3am but that's a guessitmate as I don't know what our average will actually be as I don't know what the Bronco can take in this race.

If your interested to help out or maybe hook up with the chase group half way through or something let me know and i will give you a call and work out the details or just track us and show up :)

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally made it to storage, I only have the ‘73 and later style, sorry.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sent you a msg

Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]