[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Trans Question...
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Trans Question... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Trans Question...
More good stuff from yours truly,(lol) trying to get it road worthy for Super Cell in case you're wondering why the sudden onslaught of ?'s!?

AnyWhooo….

It shifts well, and runs well. It barely touches 1st when you take off and heads right into 2nd. But it feels like it's DROPPING A LOAD when you put it into REVERSE!? The whole Bronco just squats! Drive has a bit of a tug to it but not near as bad as Reverse. Is there anything I can adjust? Vacuum hose? Vacuum Modulator? Vacuum goes directly into the rear of the intake, not the carb.

If it's something on the inside of the trans, count me out...and...is this something that need immediate attention or can it wait?

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Trans Question...
Viper can verify, but I do believe what you are feeling is the shift kit. I know you can adjust the modulator, but it only affects specific things, of which I can’t remember. If you get on it, it holds the 1-2 shifts for the higher rpms, but in town driving it was a quick shift to 2nd.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Trans Question...
Yeah! It gets after it FoSHO!!! I love it...just concerned about the Big Bang in reverse?

Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

High idle speed, looseness in the driveline, maybe some wear inside the trans all contribute to the clunk. There are no trans adjustments that will do anything for it. See if it still happens with hubs locked and front axle engaged. I suspect most of it is after the trans.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Okie Doak! I’ll check in a week or two when I get my exhaust run and reattach my front driveshaft.
ThankYou Phil

Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]