[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Radiator overflowing
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Radiator overflowing 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Radiator overflowing
I'm going to put my $0.02 on this.

I'm not sure how important it is for you to have your Bronco at Super Celebration, but I might hold off from doing head gaskets right now. If you do that, it may be may worse when you get into it.

Based on what I've read, it just burps some antifreeze after..get an overflow bottle. All Broncos had them.

And make sure you have AAA.

Again, my $0.02

Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Agreed- trying an overflow would be my first try given your circumstances of SuperCel and having another engine you plan to put in it soonish.

New Friday night plan— drink this and use it as your overflow on Saturday. I know a recent first place race Bronco that uses something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It doesn't just burp a little. I used a 16oz bottle and it overflows that.

I agree that opening it could be a can of worms and probably will be given that the motor is the original with 182k on it.

Worse case, the Bronco misses Super Cel. I'll be disappointed but oh well. I'll still be there and will just try to catch a ride with someone. Then I'll shift my attention to getting the 351w done this winter.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, tore it apart and there was nothing out of the ordinary with the head gaskets. Not good.

In addition, the thermactor air bypass broke. Anyone happen to have one laying around? Or what can I plug the holes in the head with for now so I can try to get it running this weekend?

Shout out to Garry for helping get the intake back on. Stupid shoulder didn't like me putting the heads on.

Here's a pic of the broken part. The new ones bolt directly to the air pump it looks like. I'm not replacing the air pump given that's several hundred dollars.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can you plug it with a pipe plug? I have my old air pump if you want it.

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got it started and timed. Have an exhaust leak so I'll need to check the manifold bolts.

Ran it for 10+ minutes and it didn't overheat or overflow. I'll fix the exhaust then take it for a drive to see if it's fixed.

At least it will be movable for the cut and buff lesson on Saturday.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tightened up exhaust tonight. Still hearing a tick like an exhaust leak though. I'm wondering if it is coming from the plugs I fashioned for the emissions ports in the heads?

Anyone have a stethoscope I could borrow or have another idea on how to isolate where the sound is coming from?

On a plus note, ran it for 20+ minutes and it's running cool like it did before so it must be fixed which is good.

Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can you use a short piece of hose or pipe to listen for leaks?

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Harbor a Freight has them for $5. In case you’re going there anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If it's not one thing, it's another. At least it failed open. Image

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:13 am

So it failed open and yours still having overheating issues ? How old is the water pump

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No, not over heating anymore. Not over pressuring either. Just another thing to deal with.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Possibly but it was definitely opening as you would see the temp drop them go back up. Either way, I'll get it sorted. Just humorous at this point.

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2