[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Side View Mirrors
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Side View Mirrors 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Side View Mirrors
Looking for some inexpensive ideas to get side mirrors back on my ride. Last year I made these soft doors. Before those, I just had a mirror attached to some allthread with an exhaust clamp around my roll cage.

I am thinking about some sort of CJ style mirror that mounts on the front of the windshield frame:

Any other ideas?

J.D.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Side View Mirrors
I was going to suggest the CJ ones. I like the way they look and seems like you could mount then to the windshield frame or cowl pretty easily.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The CJ Mirrors are great for use all year with doors on, doors off, snoop doors, door insets, soft doors, etc.. They are also classic looking and fit the theme of the Bronco. I really like them but drilling the holes would be painful. I have seen them on CL for sale, but that may have been pure luck. I am sure there are some aftermarket brands as well. Would look really nice in black or chrome.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, I think I have settled on a mirror I like.

It's a YJ mirror, but a little more stylish than a CJ mirror. The only issue is, I'll have to adapt it to the bronco windshield frame since it lays back at over 30 degrees and the jeeps mount them at far closer to vertical. Also, the base is 3" tall and 4" l, and there is only 2" of metal below the glass. What's inside these windshield frames? Anyway, I'll just fab up a wedge shaped adapter that compensates for about 30 degrees and then mount this mirror to my adapter.

Anyone have a nutsert tool? Trying to figure out a clean way to mount it. Also considering a strong earth magnet.

J.D.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will look thru what they have. I do need a mirror that mounts on the front of the frame as it will likely get busted off if it's on the side.

J.D.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Check with dnewman he mounted FJ mirrors on his and it looked pretty cool, I am nut sure how he mounted or at least I can't remeber.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Update: Have had the mirror for a long time, but finally had some time to fabricate a mount. It's held onto the bronco with earth magnets and that seems to work well.

Finish welding is done, I just need to paint it and also get a rubber washer to keep the mirror from pivoting on the tube.

J.D.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like things are under control. But I wanted to add what I did to this thread. I used a Jeep mirror, from Summit Racing. I think these are them, cheapos. There is a right & left one, but I think I remember using them on the "wrong" side.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CIP-44700/?rtype=10

I gripserted into the window frame. It took some "custom" bending to get it right, but they are way better than my old ones. I can't fold down the windshield with the new mirrors, but I never did that anyways.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would have done gripserts in mine too if I had the capability. But the magnets seem to working out great. Got a fresh coat of paint on mine at lunch.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What I did. I am very happy now and the setup is many times better than all my previous attempts.
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/view ... ror#p28215

The forum mentioned is mostly for desert full size broncos, But it has a short section for EBs
My other Bronco is a much modified 96 serious prerunner
The 72 is a garage queen and has plenty of work needed on the interior and engine compartment paint as soon as the drive train is pulled.
It a linked 4 corner coil over 35 Krawler/5.0HO/aod with alloy axles and ARBs, etc.
PaulW, Durango CO & San Felipe Baja

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Paul - you race with someone for the Baja? Was pot crew for Crazy Horse racing (BC broncos) in '05 and had a blast! Want to do it again someday!

J.D.

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]