[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Oil Consumption and PCV issue
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Oil Consumption and PCV issue 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Oil Consumption and PCV issue
I've had really high oil consumption (1-2 quarts per 1000 miles) on the new engine. After talking with a few club members I opened up the intake to discover a pool of oil at the bottom. I suspect it's coming in through the PCV, then getting burned off. I also pulled the spark plugs. The front ones look OK-ish, but the farther back you go the more they're black and cruddy.

I'm running an Edelbrock intake, and have the PCV plumbed into a hole that places the PCV in the bottom of the main flow of air from the throttle body, before it hits the main chamber that divides flow up between the intake runners. Seems like I have 2 solutions: relocate the PCV hose on the intake to another hole with lower air flow (there's some in the main chamber in the intake) or get a heavier PCV valve. Current one has a 2221 part number, and I can't remember what application it's for.

Any suggestions?

Sun May 02, 2021 11:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Oil Consumption and PCV issue
I had the same problem with my new motor a while back. I replaced the 20-30 year old PCV valve and installed a baffle in the valve cover ,to stop rocker arm splash at the PCV hole in the valve cover.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:03 am
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post Re: Oil Consumption and PCV issue
I've been told that one of the reasons the PCV vacuum line is located on the rear portion of the main chamber is so that any oil that enters that chamber can drip back down that line and back into the motor. I don't know how true that is. I would not change out the PCV itself unless it's for the same part number as you've been tuned for that one =). Make sure you have the little metal filter installed under your valve. If all else fails you could add a separator and drain it every oil change.

Mon May 03, 2021 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]