[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Ignition Switch Question
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ignition Switch Question 

Post Ignition Switch Question
I am changing out the lock cylinder on my Bronco. I got the old cylinder out and tried installing the new one, but it does not stay in the switch. I have watched all of the Youtube videos and can't see where I am doing anything wrong, but it isn't working so I must be. Any suggestions?

Wed May 19, 2021 4:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Ignition Switch Question
I ran into the same problem when I installed a new ignition switch a couple of years ago. The problem turned out to be that the slots in the bottom of the new switch were just a hair to small for the tabs on the lock cylinder to slide past them. The fix was filing the slots out a little bit with a small flat file. It took a while because you only have maybe 3/16 " of stroke with the file. Once the tabs would slide past the slots, the cylinder went right in like it's supposed to. Another case of chineeze quality (or lack thereof ).
Mark.

Fri May 21, 2021 9:16 pm

Interestingly, it is the stock switch and neither the replacement lock cylinder nor the original will lock in place. Might be time for a new switch. I don't understand what the mechanism is that causes it to lock in the switch.

Sat May 22, 2021 2:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

At the bottom of the switch there is a landing spot for the cylinder to engage, so something is out of sync between the two pieces.

Sat May 22, 2021 10:02 pm

Thanks, Kinder. That was it. The recess at the very bottom had turn 180 degrees, so I simply turned it till it aligned and it locked first time. Thanks!

Sun May 23, 2021 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]