[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 2.5" Suspension System - Which would you choose?
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 2.5" Suspension System - Which would you choose? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 2.5" Suspension System - Which would you choose?
I know this has been beat to death. All the systems are pretty close to each other so it usually comes down to shipping. That said, I have a few questions that I'd like to get input on.

First, my existing suspension is old K Bar S (yes, seriously, I was so excited when I ordered/installed these in 1994) 2" front coils. They have not sagged at all. I can tell which side of a quarter is up when I roll over it. The rear is a 2" (or 2.5") springs from National with a 1" block. The shocks are old Rancho 5000's from the late 90's. No matter which suspension I go to, it will be a massive difference. I earned some extra money on a side job so the wife is encouraging me to upgrade the suspension before dropping money on the engine/tranny that I have sitting here because it will make her more inclined to ride with me which would be nice.

So, I want a 2.5" system with a new adjustable trac bar (still running the stock one with no drop bracket or riser). The choice is between Wild Horses and Duff's. If I go with Duff's, it would probably be to go with the T-Rex arms as an added bonus. I am thinking I will do the F-250 shock towers. Thinking just the 70/30 shocks or Bilstien's (the Eibach's from Duff's look super nice but would put me over what I'm comfortable spending right now). This is predominantly a street cruiser and mild off-roader. The biggest thing I would like to achieve is not feeling like the entire thing will fall apart trying to crawl down a washboard road.

I have a 1" body lift already so don't want to go too much higher. So, would you go Duff's with the T-Rex arms or save some money and just do a Wild Horses kit? I've heard the Duff's springs are Deaver's and are a little softer but not 100% on that.

So what say you? Need to get it ordered if I want it installed by Super Cel. I know i could just wait til then and save the shipping but that would take some of the fun out of Super Cel as the wife would not want to go on rides with how stiff the Bronco is currently.

Mon May 31, 2021 8:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 2.5" Suspension System - Which would you choose?
I’ve got the WH lift with Bilstein 5100’s, F250 shock towers and Lars Bars long radius arms. You’re welcome to take a ride if you want to see how it feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon May 31, 2021 8:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 31, 2021 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think Duff's is the way to go for suspension and I really think those T-rex arms are a great choice for a rig with 2.5" lift.

When I did my Duff long arms last year I went with their Eibachs and new towers which were super easy to install.

https://dufftuff.com/product/universal- ... ock-tower/

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I did Duff's HD 3.5" in the rear and WH 3.5 in front with Bilstein 5125 255/70 (rear) and 7100 (360/80) in the front. I also did Duff long arms and towers up front as well like Jeff did.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

For what it is worth-- I have been seeing where the Duff suspension kits are on major backorder. If you are really wanting to have it done for SuperCel-- I would get on it soon and definitely phone your order in wherever you end up getting the stuff.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 2.5" Suspension System - Which would you choose?
What are you gaining with the duff trex arms? They are stock length correct? I would put my money into springs and shocks, deavers all around, coils can be bought from Jeff’s bronco graveyard (if they still carry them), rears from duff. Bilsteins 5150’s all around, adjustable track bar and probably have to have a drop pitman arm or small riser on the axle. 7 degree wedges on radius arms with all new bushings.

The deavers are slightly softer but the ride quality slightly better than anything else out there that you can buy off the shelf.

I had the above on my 76 with a 2.5” lift and 1” body lift and it road fantastic. I probably wouldn’t even mess with the f250 shock towers as the longer shock won’t net you much with a 2.5” lift, but it’s a easy swap :)

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If I were making that call I'd go with Duff or WH lift, then long arms down the road. Not sure I'd mess with the T-rex arms. The flatter angle of the arm will make a difference in the ride and it's an easy install. I'd put the money from the arms into Eibach or Bilstein shocks.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, after texting with Landshark, I looked back and found my receipt from 1994 and the K Bar S catalog and realized my front springs were 4.5". Measured and I'm at 3.25 of lift in the front and 3.5" in the rear.

Going to go with the 3.5" lift to try and keep things the same. The good part is that those parts are in stock vs the 2.5".

Will get new springs, shocks, bushings and track bar. Then will go from there. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]