[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Holy crap it runs. Electrical questions
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Holy crap it runs. Electrical questions 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Holy crap it runs. Electrical questions
I'm very happy to say I hooked the battery up, and test fired the Bronco and it ran on the first try. icon biggin

Everything electrical seems to work except 2 things. I'll start researching but hoping someone will have some pointers.

Wipers only run on "High" and are noisy when they are running. I installed an intermittent wiper switch with the new harness. The destructions in the Centech kit were lacking, not to mention the addition of the intermittent wiper switch. I get nothing with the switch in the intermittent "zone" on the switch, or the first click. Only after the second click do they run, and have a noisy weird grinding noise.

Heater fan only runs with the switch on low.

For as much work as I did (and gutting the Centech harness to minimize excess wiring and customizing it my truck) I'm sort of surprised these are the only problems.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Holy crap it runs. Electrical questions
I corrected the original post regarding the blower fan. It only runs on low speed.

I've found this post and am guessing this is the problem/solution. It's low priorty since I have some version of wipers and I have lots more to do before mid July/Rubicon.

https://classicbroncos.com/centechwiperswitch.shtml

Also weird, when I use the horn, the turn signal indicators on the dash flash just slightly. The actual front/rear turn signals are not flashing.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some fussing with the wiper switch and I suddenly have all speeds. The bezel nut wasn't super tight and the switch turned clockwise after it reached the 'high' setting and all of the sudden I had a fully functional intermittent wiper switch. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. Sort of scary to have wonky electrical gremlins. But I tightened up the bezel nut and we've been good all evening.

The grinding noise was due to the linkage being a bit mixed up. I had the it clocked wrong on the passenger side wiper post. It was pushing on the motor output and pushing the gears together. I straightened out the linkage but there was too much in/out play on the motor output. I replaced the thin washer behind the linkage with a thicker one that helped keep prevent the output shaft from pushing inward and grinding the gears. All seems well.

As far as the fan, I think it's running on high speed with the switch on low. I have 12v to the motor. I'm assuming I messed something up with the resistor. It will have to wait. I hate that it's been so long since I wired everything I can't remember how everything hooks up.

Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Painless wiring guide is good and it's available for download for free.
https://www.painlessperformance.com/Manuals/10113.pdf

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks. I'll look that over. I'm sure my Centech manual has something too.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had my wiring on the back of the heater switch jumbled up and so low was high and vice versa. Not sure if that’s what is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]