[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 2150 rebuild
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 2150 rebuild 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 2150 rebuild
Started the disassembly of my 2150 carb today. Have a few questions to start and I'm sure more will come up. In the photo, there is a port at the back of the carb that has a hose that goes to a metal tube that used to connect to the exhaust manifold. I think this is called the heat riser? The metal tube broke off the manifold. I have not found a replacement and I'm thinking it's cause I don't know the right term. Would love some help there.

Second question is the YouTube videos all talk about a fast idle solenoid that has a wire hooked to it. Did all carbs have this? Mine doesn't have an electrical solenoid. It's more of a spring.

The insides are all pretty clean compared to some of the motorcycle carbs I've rebuilt. Last time this one was opened was in 1995. I wouldn't do it since it has been running well other than gas mileage is down and it sprays a bit of gas out of the weep hole on the accelerator pump. One of the screws that holds the accelerator pump is stripped out as well so I need to solve that problem as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 2150 rebuild
More pics. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Getting cleaner. Image

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok. Need some help. Reassembled. Put everything back how it was (i.e. mixture screws are the same turns out as before which was 2.5 turns). Engine cranks but doesn't fire. Checked and there is fuel and float looks to be doing its thing. If I spray carb cleaner in it, it will fire and run till its gone. If I manually pump the accelerator, fuel does come out but not like a spray.

Any thoughts on what I did wrong?

Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thinking it is with the accelerator pump. Pretty sure it shouldn't be this slow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LQFrxuypJyCWM65y9

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don’t know 2150s very well but that doesn’t look right. That said, the accelerator pump shouldn’t affect the ability to start or idle. If it runs on a can of something flammable then it sounds like there isn’t fuel getting through the idle circuit.

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, watched a video on the circuits. Blew carb cleaner and air through everything and it all looks good. Definitely not getting fuel out of the bowl through the jets which I don't understand since I can blow air through them just fine.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Accelerator pump should be a direct connection to the throttle opening. Something is wrong with the linkage. Could also be problem with needle and float not letting fuel in the bowl.

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Found this YouTube series that talks through a bunch of the 2150: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... chF2c0Iuik

After watching, I tested the Accelerator Pump. It works fine until the Venturi is in place then it pushes a bunch out of the relief hole back into the bowl. If I take the venturi off and put the stem back on with the weight and check ball, fuel flows out of the stem correctly and there is no back pressure. Pretty sure the venturi is clogged which is interesting as I soaked that. Need to find a small enough piece of wire to try and push through the nozzles on the venturi to see if that unblocks them. I sprayed air and carb cleaner and still no go.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, got it sorted. It was what I thought and the venturi was clogged. I tried air and carb cleaner to get it unclogged and that didn't do anything. I ended up dropping it back in the can of carb dip for 2 hours. Then used carb cleaner and air to clean it out. Then when I reassembled the carb, the accelerator pump was spraying fuel again. Put it all together and it runs! I need to now set the choke and idle speed. If anyone on the north end of town has a vacuum gauge, it would be nice to get it dialed in properly.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, was having some issues with the choke and it's adjustment. Found this writeup and it helped a ton: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7641 ... ost6422219

Just in case someone else needs this.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just one last comment, after getting it all dialed in, I just did a 74 mile trip. Started with a full tank and refilled when I got back. Put 5.2 gallons in for just over a 14mpg avg. Super happy right now since I had been down around 7-8mpg prior.

Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm bookmarking this for when I finally get around to my 72 E/S. It's going to stay carbed and I'm sure it needs rebuilt.

Thanks

Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]