[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Am I stupid or just Dumb? Rhetorical no need for answers.
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Am I stupid or just Dumb? Rhetorical no need for answers. 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Am I stupid or just Dumb? Rhetorical no need for answers.
First off I have not been drinkin.
its been about 10 years since I have had a D44 hub and drum apart.
I am manual less as I cant find it from my last Bronco owned.

I am in the process of doing my front end disk swap and have the kit with the full set of bearings.

The directions state to in stall bearings as the were with the drum setup.
Try as I might I am only able to find a spot for 2 bearings on each side and am having one left over.

I installed the spindles and backing plate/caliper holder on that goes the largest of the 3 bearings, then the rotor then one of the 2 smaller bearings(both small ones are the same size) and then the rest of the hub. no where else for that third bearing to go????
everything works properly (after turning that damn spring around.)

So the question:
Stupid or just Dumb?

or did the idea, that after all this just hit me explain it.
this kit is for a D-30 or 44 and maybe the 2nd smaller bearing would swap places with the single larger one on a dana 30?
and thenyou would have the big bearing laft over???
nice info to have at midnight on a saturday or is it assumed common knowledge?

Brian

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Am I stupid or just Dumb? Rhetorical no need for answers
I'm not certain of your kit, but on mine there are only two large bearings, an inner and an outer. Then there is the small needle bearing that sits inside the spindle.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

this is the wild horses kit with the full bearing setup.

it has the needle bearing in the back of the spindle then there are 3 for each side.
2 are identical(wheel bearing) and then there is one slightly larger that goes on just before you slide the rotor on.

it only makes sense there are 2 but the kit has 3 for each side???

gonna look at it again this morning with a fresh head, and after the consumption of a Monster but if anyone has a known answer it would be nice to know for sure.
thanks

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I believe that kit comes from WH with an extra set of bearings just to make sure you have all the ones you need. You only use 4 of them though.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got it.

that makes sense.

disks are installed and just need to be bled.
all the shocks are on...2up front on each wheel on the hoops 1 in the rear. looks really nice. had a pretty productive weekend.
thanks for the info gents

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We love pics! Love to see the hoops and shocks. Congrats on adding disks - what a great upgrade. What brake system you go with (Power, Manual, Hydro, Flintstone)?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here ya go!
I put the wheels on and it looks like the grinder needs to come back out though as the backing plates rub on 2 spots on the wheels.
I am getting new wheels soon but still need to get there without damaging something on the way.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is beautiful! Nice work.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Love the hoops, springs, double shocks, and the black looks clean and totally new - very nice.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]