[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My winch bumper
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 My winch bumper 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My winch bumper
Nothing too special. Plan to add some tubing later (and paint), but here's what I have for now:

I need a 19mm(I think) thin wall socket to tighten down the nuts for the hawse. Any other ideas?

J.D.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My winch bumper
Nice, it looks like it should work just fine. You could test it out this weekend, a few of us may be heading up to Yankee Hill to do some wheeling.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks! I saw your thread. Wish I could make it. Done Yankee in the snow, but never in the summer.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yankee is a good ATV area in the summer but not much of a test in a bronco, but still fun. My family and I go camping up there each summer. There is a couple side trails that are rough but otherwise its pretty smooth. We will catch ya next trip.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That bumper looks like its solid. did the nylon cable come with the winch? I hear that is the way to go.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey Jesus - I knew you were talking about the Recon Winch but didn't know you bought it. What do ya think?

That is a bad-a Bumper.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, the cable came with the winch. The rope has it's pro's and cons, but I think I'll like it over cable. I called and talked to truck & winch about this kit:
http://truckandwinch.com/recon-10-500-l ... h-kit.html

You can't find it on their site by searching. But it was a special kit they put together and still offer it only to those who call in and ask about it specifically. Seems like a good setup, especially for the price. I have only unwound it and rewound it once just get the rope a little tighter on the drum, but it ran smooth and seems to be well built. I just liked that it had a little more power than what is usually put on a bronco.

Didn't get a chance to pull the bumper and paint it yet, but I hope to in the next few weeks!

J.D.

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bet losing the steel cable helps bring the cost down, and the total weight. I can see a lot of pros over a nylon vs steel just thinking in my mind. ill definitely consider that when I buy mine.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]