[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rattle Question
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Rattle Question 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rattle Question
Anyone have a good idea on how to keep the rear window from rattling while driving?

It is driving me nuts and I have tried adjusting the locks, cams, etc. What is my best option? Besides duct tape and/or removal...

Thanks!

Mike

Tue May 24, 2011 8:39 pm
Post Re: Rattle Question
Soft top.

Tue May 24, 2011 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

lmao

Wed May 25, 2011 1:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I dunno. I think my soft top has rattles too.

Wed May 25, 2011 8:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Are all the pieces in place? Mine was missing the "alignment post" that bolts to the tailgate. I built a new one, that stopped a lot of the side to side banging. There are rubber shims on the sides of the top or gate, I forget. I also shimmed out the rubber bumpers on the top to push out slightly on my shocks when the gate was closed. Also make sure the latch in each side is engaging the top correctly. My truck is far from straight so my tailgate is not square in the opening, nothing will really make mine right. I've spent 15 years chasing the "next loudest rattle". Someday I'll take pull posts & come alongs to the truck and try to square things up.

Chad

Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wrap some electrical tape around that "alignment post" and also put some in the top where the top latches go into the top. My dad used to apply electrical tape or a heavy cloth tape to everything that would rattle and his Bronco was always nice and rattle free. He would replace the tape as soon as something started to squeak or rattle but it kept him from going nuts with the squeaks and rattles. The tailgate would rattle sometimes and he would apply some tape to anything that rubbed metal to metal.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Wed May 25, 2011 5:32 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed May 25, 2011 7:45 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure how I'd know over all the other rattles in my truck. BTW, I'm done with your reamer. I'll bring it down with me on Saturday. THANK YOU for letting me hang on to it.

Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 pm

no problem. Glad it worked for ya.

Wed May 25, 2011 7:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thank you all for the good advice. After an hour of wrenching, tightening, loosening, etc. I realized that the spare tire on the stock rack was prying the body and top away from the latches that keep it shut.

After some hillbilly engineering, rattle is gone...

Appreciate it. See you on Saturday.

Mike

Wed May 25, 2011 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]