[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Radiator Flush
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Radiator Flush 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Radiator Flush
Is there a flush kit you guys would recommend for a stock radiator. Feel free to add any tips /advise for a successful, non-damaging, attempt at this.
Thanks!

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Radiator Flush
I have used in the past a liquid flush product made by Prestone that you left in and let warm up really well I think you could even drive it a few days with just it and water in the radiator. Drain and refill. I haven't done that in several years so I'm not even sure what is on the market now. I did come across a Prestone flush kit that you install in the heater hose and attach the garden hose to reverse flush the whole system. Not sure if they still sell those any more either.

So where the heck have I been that I don't know if they still sell this stuff or not. Must be living under a rock like in the Geico commercials. LOL

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Quit sidetracking my thread or I'll be on your doorstep asking for help.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

yeah i just flushed my radiator last weekend, if you do a flush i suggest you get new hoses too. when i got my bronco the radiato fluid was literally rust brown so i got a new radiator and new hoses and put that in and there was still alot of crap in it (the color was like a murky swamp green) so last weekend i went to the store (pep boys) and bought the PEAK flush kit and i managed to get a bunch of crap out of the radiator, replaced the coolant and now my bronco runs 10-20 degrees cooler. thumbs up

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

In the shop I have always used B&G Cooling system flush kits. I do not know where you could get one in the aftermarket industry. I know NAPA sells some of their fuel cleaning products.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I got the NAPA flush kit, a radiator cleaning solvent, and followed all the directions (plus a call to zillacon) and got all that crap outta there. I replaced the pinched bypass hose but the rest looked to be in good condition. Its hard to say the difference it made because I added a shroud at the same time. Either way I'm down 25 degrees around town.
Thanks for the advice!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]