[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - It says Generaal technicial (I know I am leaving the 4X4 out
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 It says Generaal technicial (I know I am leaving the 4X4 out 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post It says Generaal technicial (I know I am leaving the 4X4 out
But it could apply...

We pulled the engine and trans from Daniels 66 mustang (power house that it is Inline 6 and C-4 - hey they put them in bronco's too) because the ring gear had been shearing teeth.

So we pulled it apart, the ring gear is welded to the torque converter. Cut the old one off and welded a new one on - so far so good. Mount the tourque converter back to the flex plate and mate the trans back up. Seems to be binding but will bolt up tight.

At this point I am thinking lets stab this beeootch and go home but #1 son says "hey, do you think we should go ahead and mount the starter an make sure everyting spins like it is supposed to... smart kid.

Nothing turns. Bound up hard. Open it back up and sho enough... Flex plate bolts are binding against the block...

Now we never pulled the flex plate, the bolts are the same on the same TC...

SO here is the question for all you brilliant motor heads in this club - and you have until tomorrow afternoon to come up with the solution befre I call in experts that I have to pay...

What the h - e double hockey sticks did I do wrong.... I am baffeled...

And what do I do to correct the problem.

Anyone want to come over tomorrow and help us mate the motor to trans and stab it back into Rusty the speed demon?

Thank you in advance for all your help.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: It says Generaal technicial (I know I am leaving the 4X4
Yes, the pictures are traken after I have seperated the motor and trans again...

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:53 pm
Ouch. Yeah, the converter is not installed completely. It's pushing against the pump gears instead of meshing with them. Hopefully you didn't put too much pressure on them. They can break.

I can come over and give you hand. Just say when and where.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I third all this, push and spin until a nice clunk is heard.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X3 on the converter not in all of the way, if I read this right you bolted the converter to flex plate then installed trans? If you did that then take it back apart and install converter on trans, turn the converter while turning and it will lock in a couple of times.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I could come help you if your doing this tomorrow. I need to get out of the house for a bit.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

banghead oops

Thanks guys - yes that makes prefect sense. That is exactly what I did. And I know better. Do not know what I was thinking. Just saw a way to take a short cut or something.... I don't know.

Yes 69 - we are doing this today, will probably start on it after lunch, your help would be much appreciated, trust me, I could use the help (obviously).

Give me a shout - call or PM if you want to come over and play. 303-819-5652 I would love to get this thing installed today and get it out of my shop. Tired of it being in the way, and the stupid mess.... crap those boys can make a mess of the shop. I have the new windshield coming in this afternoon and that is the final part to get it back on the road. If this fixes the issues, all that is left is body and paint... finally.

Thanks again guys, for all your help. You all are the best!

(Don't tell Dan (my son Dan that is) but I will miss working on his car with him too - but I am pretty glad to have had that time with him.)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Viper - you too sir, come on over. I would love to have your help. I got a new speedo gear but the old one seems just fine, I am at a loss. I spun the cable with a drill and the speedo works so it isn't that. Give me a call, we will be working on it this afternoon. I think we will start on the motor / trans after lunch. We have to finish up the headliner before the windshield comes in.

At my shop 3960 S. Kalamath st, Englewood 80110. Just off Oxford and Santa Fe. Give me a call if you are going to make it.

Thanks guys!

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OK I think im gonna go have lunch with dad then Ill call you.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:07 pm

Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This club is AWESOME!!!!!

Rusty the mustang is all repaired, back on the road and running like a dream thanks to Viper and 69. Guys - I owe you beers, breakfast, lunch.... Your help was crucial in getting the mustang back on the road and that is not even close to the value of what I learned.

First of all - Daniels 1966 L6 Mustang is running with a trans out of a 1980 V8 mustang. Now this is a good thing, but not something we knew. Running the right oil will help limit the noise from a noisy motor.

So for a small report: Phil (Viperwolf) came over first. He helped us get the trans mated to the motor and stabled. That took a few hours and of course we talked about Broncos and life in general as work progressed. The biggest reason this took so long was the lesson on what trans this is and what it came out of... Yes all that info is tamped right there into the case and as long as you can decipher the code - you got it nailed. Viper knows his stuff. Once the motor was resting in its proper nest, Viper decided that we could do the rest without screwing up to bad and left. looking for a phone booth to change out of his super hero cape and costume on the way home.

Shortly after Viper left - the windshield showed up so that put us on hold for a few minutes while it was installed but once done - we hit it hard again knowing that soon Shawn (69bronco69) would be here. Shawn recently moved down from Steamboat and folks, he knows his stuff - no make that KNOWS his stuff. With his help (OK he did the most, seriously guys) I was able to bolt up the cross member while he made all the connections under the hood, then he came down and helped with the trans cooler lines and drive shaft. I mean that is just ridiculous. One minute he is under the hood connecting the first wire and next thing I know he is asking if I need any help. probably took him 30 minutes to get all the under hood work done. In the meantime Dan filled all the fluids and cleaned the interior so we could get that installed. Shawn took care of hooking up the new Windshield pod gauges (which took him longer than the whole engine did. Whats up with that? Daniel and I bolted in the seats, installed the visors etc and Rusty was fired up.

We dropped her off the "Jack Stands" and that was that. Pulled her out, short test drive and by 10:00 it was like an episode of overhaulin or something (without the cute girl host and sweet custom paint).

Shawn - I will leave it to you to post the pictures you took of the car on its jack stands.

Yes folks, this club is awesome.

Thanks guys for all your help, could not have done it without you (ok, could have but some other super guys would have had to come and help instead). Make sure you give me a chance to repay the favor or to pay it forward sometime.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sooo...any chance you'll have booked a cute girl for the 9th? Maybe we could film and market to to Discovery or someone. Glad to hear Dan's back on the road.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Was a lot of fun playing with that car. Brought back memories of my youth so many years ago.

These "Jack Stands" are the best way to do this type of work. Mush safer than metal posts and affordable.

Off of the "Jack Stands" the car has a nice stance.

My Camera is scuffed upp so they are foggy.

I left my sunglasses there too.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Shawn,

I have yoru sunglasses, give me a call and I will find a time to meet you and get them back to you.

In the meantime, they are sitting on the shelf in my office.

Thanks again for all your help.

Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]