[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - New tire choices
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 New tire choices 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post New tire choices
I need everyones assistance. I am looking for new tires. I have seriously considered good used tires, but I can't seem to find any. I currently have 32-11.5-15, that are in pretty poor shape (you can't see the air, but it won't be long). I will use my bronco for some light off roading and hunting camp (3rd season in Gunnisson). I am not interested in having to sell a kidney to fund this project, saving it for the roll cage and soft top!
What are your ideas and what are you running? I have spent hours looking at all the online sites that sell tires but once you pay shipping you loose out, especially if you need a road hazard warranty. Thanks for your help. JP

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: New tire choices
You may wanna look up B.O.B. at Discount Tire or Earnie at 4WheelParts (Both CCB Members). I think 4WheelParts is doing Free Shipping this weekend on Rims and Tires so that may be a good option. I remember seeing that Costco sells BFG now. Lots of tires have rebates on them as well. There are good ways to save some $ right now.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Entourage. JP

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I AM IN PARKER NOW AND HAVE THE WEEKEND OFF. WE ARE HOLDING $100 OF A SET OF TIRES SPECIAL THIS WEEKEND. GO HIT UP MY BROTHERS DOWN IN P-TOWN AND THEY WILL HOOK YOU UP.

PLUS I GREW UP DOWN THERE. ISN'T IT SO MUCH FUN.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You may want to shoot Ben at Filthy motorsports an email. Ben can get some very good prices on tires with min shipping costs. He got my 42" pitbulls for less then any of the "big guys". If you try him tell him KC sent you.
http://www.filthymotorsports.com/

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Retreads? I hate to advise retreads, but any name brand mud-tire is a budget killer for most folks! But keep your eye out for used, that's the best option.

J.D.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Soco, keep your eyes on the Colorado Springs and Denver Craigslist Auto Parts ads. I've seen several sets of decent 32-35" tires going for decent prices lately.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks everyone. JP

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Discount tire has always been good to me. I would recommend BFG KM2s as that is what I originally wanted before I went with the ATs....there were just none available.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would second (or third or fourth) the recommendation to keep your eyes open on CL. You can also check the used tire places. We picked up the tires for Drew's bronco 33's, almost new. 5 tires including spare for $280 mounted and on the truck. I just happened to see them stacked up next to the sidewalk at a used tire store as I was driving down Broadway.

Not perfect but pretty darn good and plenty good for our little pony.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

http://pueblo.craigslist.org/pts/2474861218.html

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/2480011009.html - a bit of a drive, no size listed. (some people are idiots)

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/2465516273.html - big heavy's!\

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/2461969598.html - sell the wheels get half you money back

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/2436027294.html - in my hood somewhere.

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pts/2430908261.html - $100 to get you by??

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Be patient and watch CL - I bought a brand new set of 35" mud terrains, balanced, with soft 8 wheels for $600. I had to get another set of tires on my F150 and picked up a set of Fierce Attitude tires from Big O - they were much cheaper than others and have done a good job. They are a bit aggressive for a daily driver, but otherwise they kick butt in the snow and mud.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]