[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Wirrrrrrrrrrrrrrh before gear change
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Wirrrrrrrrrrrrrrh before gear change 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Wirrrrrrrrrrrrrrh before gear change
I have an automatic transmission. When I accelerate from a stop, I get a "wirrrrrrrrrrrrrh" sound. It only lasts for a second or 2 and then goes into the next gear. I can make the sound not happen by accelerating slower or make the sound more intense by accelerating fast.
Does this sound like the transmission is slipping?
Should I be repairing this immediately?
Any other things I can do to narrow this down? Or other info you guys might need for a better diagnosis.
Thanks guys!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:29 pm
Post Re: Wirrrrrrrrrrrrrrh before gear change
Sounds like slipping. Check the fluid level.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not in low range are ya? T-case can make noises like that.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did that and it looks good. I heard to do it while idling and/or in gear with my wife on the brake.
Would it make that sound with too much fluid.

Not in low range. Just cruisin around town.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:12 pm
Too much fluid is just as bad. It puts the fluid up in the rotating parts where it can get all foamy. Foamy fluid doesn't lube well and compresses under pressure.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

which is better to check, idle or in drive with someone on the brake?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Most likely headed down the highway at 35mph with your buddy checking the dipstick works best... rolleyes

Otherwise with both the engine and tranny warmed up, leave it running in neutral or park and check your level. Your dipstick have a warm and cold mark? Make sure you're on level ground.

J.D.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Rode with Shawn down to the locker install a few Saturdays ago. It did not feel like the old mustang c4 I thought it should. Viper or others, might be worth a spin around the block to help diagnose if you get a chance. Seemed to have a bit of a hesitation when shifted into gear. I know nothing on this subject but thought it might be worth a second opinion from the guys in the know!

Matt

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]