[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Holly TBI add on question
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Holly TBI add on question 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Holly TBI add on question
i am about to purchase a holly tbi system, any one own of these systems, Has any one heared plus or minus's of these systems? Any information is good to know. Thanks

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Holly TBI add on question
Travis, Do a search on Classic. I remember reading several posts about the projection. Here is one, I'm short on time to get more but search on projection.
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... projection

Brett

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:12 pm

junk. not worth the money. A good carb is probably better.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:27 pm

My buddy put one on his dodge. It ran ok. they installed the closed loop kit and did a wideband gauge. Tuned and tuned for hours with fair results. They could get a good tune going and turn the truck off and it was all jacked up again.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

do the rjm and ford injection been proven .

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I tried one back in 1996, I'm sure they've come a long way since then. It had no O2 sensors & was "hand" tuned with dials on the control box. I $h!t canned it and went with a carb. It constantly vapor locked, even in the cold weather, even after only a little driving. I had to wait 30-45 mins for it to restart. Anyways it was a waste of money, I'd look for a Ford 5.0 set up before ever trying the Projection again.

Chad

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thanks every one so far for there input, ive had a friends put one on his international and got it done for tanner 4x4 here in springs and hasnt had problem, but again i dont wanna pay for this kit if it junk, i just thought it help with elevation problem

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had one for a chevy and took alot of tuning to get it too ok results. I say don't do it. It just pisses you off. Yeah they say you can tune to your needs, but its just all out frustration. If you do it I would go with the multi port injection. Your better off just a whole Efi motor. Price wise would be more efficient.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had one on my last bronco. It was complete junk. Seeing how you are on here you will probably buy it anyway so good luck to you.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

agreed its junk! and for the record tanner 4x4 is the biggest hack shop in town, always has been

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Also, seconded for them being junk. Got an EB with one on it and sold it and put real Ford EFI on it. Not much good to say about Tanner either, I wish someone else close was an ORI strut dealer.

For the price of that system, you can bring me the EB and I'll do the EFI conversion for you. My sig has a few of the ones I've done and there are a few board members that have them as well.
Joe

'81 Coachman Caper XL MH, 4WD, EFI 460/ZF/BW1356, D44/Sterling, 4.10s/35s, under const...
'83 Bronco, D60/Sterling, 5.13/ARBs, MAF EFI 351W/ZF/BW1356, 37" MT/Rs.
'12 Buggy, HPD60, Hi-9, 4.10s, Explorer 5.0, Atlas 4-speed, my chassis, EB skins.
And the latest project is a '99 Ranger Extra-Cab, custom frame/tube work, on 40s...

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you end up going with it Goldenboy. Curious to hear if it worked.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

no i didnt , i am looking for reliabilty i am keeping my bronco for a very long time, i a, just trying to find best options i heared bout it, saw tanner 4x4 did them thought it be cheap way, but again no one i have found period has good work with tanner 4x4 and it still seams bronco hut, with the explorer engine 302 has been cheapest and comes with new engine/stabilty route to take i just hate idea of 6500.00 to do it, but i can see callin other shops thats pretty good

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

you can do a 5.0 exporer swap way cheaper than 6,500

I don't know if used is in your equation but low mileage 5.0 are out there........it might just take a bit to find the right one

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

6500 included brand new block from ford

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You should have no problem getting Ford FI on a good or rebuilt engine for cheaper than that. I think doing the Ford EFI swap is cheaper than the Holly TBI. What did you ever figure out with your 6-speed?

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]