[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Got my Extended Radius arms and longtravel shocks done!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Got my Extended Radius arms and longtravel shocks done! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Got my Extended Radius arms and longtravel shocks done!
check em out! lemme know whatcha think, i had my friend Chris Hefty of Hefty fabworks do about 97% of the welding, i wanted to show off his work, he does amazing work and is a great guy!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... .543790112

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Got my Extended Radius arms and longtravel shocks done!
more...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

more...

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am speachless. All I can say is WOW!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How much more travel do you think you really got from these arms. looks like a ton. How long did you lengthen them? How much did it cost you? Looks like you still have a good drive line alignment.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Way jealous. Long arms are high on my list of wants and way down the list of affordable projects. Those look awesome!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Justin they are pretty cheap to build.

Zen they help a ton. You will gain a bit with a nice soft coil and long enough shock.

Pics look great. Chris is a hell of a good fabricator. I've told him a few times about this site.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great Corey!! Also looks like you got the flex you were after. Can't wait to see it in action in a week! You guys work fast!

J.D.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ya chris is amazing, and a great person too, he's thought about doing some early bronco parts, theres just not near the demand in it that there is in the other markets he's pursuing, originally i was going to do all the welding, but he offered to help me build it as i did it in his shop, and i figured he didn't want to do all the crappy parts of the job, so i did some welding on the arms, he did the rest, and i did most of the disassembly/ cutting, grinding, cleaning and reassembly, and i really wanted to show off his work to you guys, he told me aprox. $450 to you guys installed, if anyone is interested his number is (719) 499-8126, ya we didn't go to fast on it, we started at about 8pm last night, and had it driving by about 1am, plus we bs'd with some people that visited inbetween for a bit, and we were both dragging butt as we both had a pretty long hectic day at work, i can't thank him enough for his help, and am glad to have him as a friend

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and i would say i gained about 8 inches of total travel between up travel and down travel, since i have fullwidth axles and the stock arms were in such a bind before, and it made a world of difference in ride quality, i gained about 3 degrees of caster, so it tracks straighter, has a better steering return to center, and actually is even more stable, really isn't all that tippy with the fullwidths anyways, im so stoked, and can't wait to wheel it, i also bought 15" travel duff shocks and installed f-250 shock towers, that was another helping factor

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Does he still have his EB? how about his 78-79?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great! Is this the same Hefty from RMFTC? We met a few years ago at a meet and greet. Havent seen him post on there in ages.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ya he's still got them both, their shop is like 3 blocks from my house, but ya both the eb and 78-79 just sit, his latemodel has changed quite a bit over the course of the year, hefty fabworks is on facebook, check em' out, theres some pics of his latemodel on there

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is a good deal. Thanks for his contact info! Glad you like the new setup.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Corey - that thing looks awesome !

Glad to see your making progress on it.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That does really look good. Very creative. What size piping was used?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wonder if Chris would allow us to come and shoot the breeze at his shop one day. Maybe do an RTI for us with his floor hoist?? Might be a cool place to hang out and might get him some more business.

J.D.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks great! Do your tires rub at all? I had to bend my long arms quite a bit and my tires still rub but I am still running a stock bronco D44 and big tires with no spacers....I like mine narrow to fit in the tight spots.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

well the pics on the rack are at my work, the pics of the fab and the tear down are at his shop, but im sure he'd like to hold another bbq, he held a bronco meet and greet like a year or two ago, i'll talk to him to see if he wants to hold another, he does have a good sized boulder to flex on, and the tires just barely rub, but then again the full widths make a huge difference, and it still fits down tight spots, the tires are only sticking out 3"s more than stock on each side, plus i have only like a 1/4" more or 1/2" more backspace than stock, i'll try to remember to get a measurement on the backspace when i rotate and balance the tires this week, the tubing is 2" diameter 1/4" wall thickness dom, we cut the radius arm to where there's only 6" left of the original to the outside lip of the c on the arm, notched the dom to sleeve around the arm, to where we had to hammer them together for an interference fit, then ran an extremely hot bead down, the arms are about 12" longer than stock, and we pushed the axle forward 1", i really want to go to a tru-hi9 third member for the rear as soon as i change to longer rear shocks that don't limit my up and down travel, my rear cv joint will start to bind, so i need the hi9 at somepoint, but not the currie joke

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Corey -

That is sweet! Love it, and the pictures in your shop make it look like the bronco is dancing.

Pretty cool fab work.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

the long arms look awsome!! What coils are you running? and what lift?

Matt.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

did you guys come up with this setup, i have never seen anything like it. I love it.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]