[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - C- bushing help
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 C- bushing help 

Post C- bushing help
hey, Im in the process of installing a new lift on my 70 and I definetly need to do C-bushings. I have some bad bronco lean. Any tips from the pro's. Also what would be a fair price to pay a local shop to do them before they do a alighment after I finish my lift.

What do you guys think?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Post Re: C- bushing help
Why waste time and money on an alighnment when you do it yourself when setting the c bushings?

As for bronco lean set the axle on jackstands. Make sure its on level ground. Bolt up the radius arms and c caps. Make sure you tighten them even. Then lower the back of the radius arms to the ground and be sure they both touch at the same time. If they dont pull the caps off and start over.

Caster is set by the c-bushings so be sure you get the correct degree for your lift amount. Camber wont be affected by a lift unless it was bad to begin with then you will need spindle shims. toe is in the steering links. So unless you've replaced the steering this should be unaffected also.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

assuming the axle assy has been removed from the rig............

start on a very flat surface, put it on jack stands high enough that the tips of the radius arms are right at ground level

just prior to re-assembly, coat the mating surfaces of the c-bushings and the radius arm caps with the aerosol type glass cleaner

this will allow the c-bushings to move around a bit and seat themselves in the caps as you tighten them up

Later the glass cleaner will evaporate leaving the bushings locked in place

when the ends of the radius arms both touch the ground at the same time they are as good as they will get

sometimes this is impossible but you should be able to get them very close

Personally I wouldn't proceed if they were more than 1/8" difference between them

it may take you several attempts to get the radius arms to be symetrical to each other so I hope you have air tools

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A lot of that "Bronco Lean" can be taken care of just when you tighten the c-bushing bolts. do it in an X pattern and do it evenly. Put your radius arms on but only tighten the backs of them up so they don't fall off the frame. and then tighten everything together. I've had the front end off of mine 3 times & helped with 2 other lifts and did it that way and not a single time did I end up with lean.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]