[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - How bad is it?
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 How bad is it? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post How bad is it?
So I haven't quite got the truck running during my engine/efi remodel so i decided to take of the valve covers off. Right side looked good but when I looked at the lower intake manifold it looked like I was having issues with intake 6 and 7 ( previous problem was backfiring through tb). When I got the valve cover off the #7 intake rocker was shifted to the side. Started to fix it and noticed that the pushrod was wearing against a guide and broke the guide. both intake and exhaust were rubbing and I stopped there and the intake rod is bent.

Now here are my questions. With the little amount of metal that is in the oil am I going to have to tear down everything and start from new? I really don't want to because this is a big setback and I won't have funds for an engine rebuild for quite some time. Second, if it really isn't that bad do i really need pushrod guides?

I know it sounds like a complete rebuild but anyhelp would be nice.

Thanks guys.
Bobby

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:23 pm
Post Re: How bad is it?
Put some pics up. Depending on the type of rocker arms you may not need the guide plates. I think I would fix the immediate problem, change the oil then check oil pressure. If it's good run it. If it ain't good you didn't lose much.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: How bad is it?
They are just some roller tip rockers, nothing really fancy. i will try to post some pics when i get home later today.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]