[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Rear shackle help
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Rear shackle help 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Rear shackle help
Ok folks,

On last weekends wheeling and camping trip, we managed to break one of the rear shackles. I need recommendations. Would you look for a replacement stock shackle (and if so, does anyone have one they are willing to part with?) or is there better shackles for a daily driven medium duty wheeling type rig?

adding some flex would be nice but the bronco fund is rather dry right now so that is a factor as well.

Thanks,

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Rear shackle help
This looks like a winner to me. Good bang for the buck. I'd love to have one of the super heavy duty ones, but at $150/pair or whatever they are I can't see spending the additional money.

http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/category ... components

Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just replace it with an OEM one if it isn't going to be a heavy duty rock rig. Get in touch with Don (dalli) here on the board, come down to his yard here in the Springs and pick it up and you can meet a few of us Springs boys.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I have a few stock ones.Get in touch and I'll take a look

Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

JGZ,

that would be sweet, I sent you a pm.

Thanks

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

oh Man, I like the dog cable! Glad to see it made it home.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hope you can locate some stockers.

Next time (hoping there isn't one), maybe find a way to fasten a large stick between the bed and the spring to at least spread the load and not damage your bed.

J.D.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Received the replacement shackle from JGZ - Thanks! Checker/OReilly gave me the wrong bushings so we are picking up the supposed correct ones from Napa today.

Anyone else notice that since Oreilly took over, Checker pretty much sucks? I mean I spend over a grand a quarter there with the work trucks and personal vehicles and as often as not, the part is wrong or they can not find it at all...

Shoot they told us that they could not get shoes for the rear of the bronco. It is a 74 bronco, ford 9" drums. Really? went down the road to Napa and they had 4 different types, wheel cylinder rebuild kits and all the spring hardware....

I am just about done with Checker... they are becoming more and more like Pep Boys every day.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm an Advance man myself. The 20% discount keeps me coming back. But when I do rear brakes it becomes a pain. Depending on what year I am working with, I typically have to run to two or three different vendors just to find stores that have the right drums and shoes.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sign up for a comercial acount with Advance... they offer delivery for FREE!!! I have one and its GREAT!

Its posts like this that light the fire under my butt to get the onboard welder finished... Could have fixed you right up! Oh, and why are 90% of trail brakes involving the mounts, or parts, for shocks and springs?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]