[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Carb Spacers
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Carb Spacers 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Carb Spacers
I am pulling my Edelbrock 4-barrel 650 (I think) carb off to re-jet and make it more friendly with the Denver elevation. I am currently running way rich as shown in my 1st Emission Test. When I re-install the carberator, which carb spacer do you guys recommend? There are a ton of different sizes and materials - Summit carries 242 different spacers - whoa! It currently has a very thin gasket and have heard that spacers can help with performance and power. Any thoughts on Carb Spacers, recommended material, style (open or 4 Hole), and width?

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Carb Spacers
SWEET! I kinda forgot that I have just a 1" Body Lift so I can likely do up to a .500" spacer. I was thinking phenolic would be a good way to go.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

X2 on the Phenolic spacer. I used one on my last bronco and it worked great!

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great to know on the phenolic material. The PlayDo sounds like an easy way to check clearance. Do you guys like the open spacer or 4-hole spacer?

My Bronco had a Vapor Lock a while back and left me stranded in the middle turn lane. I want to do the spacer to help with vapor lock and the changes ZOSO recommended when I re-install the carb.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:48 am

He will need the 4hole spacer. The edelbrock performer is a dual plane intake.

I run a phenolic on my 79. My dad runs a wood spacer. Both seem to work well.

Chad. Get some wrap for that fuel line too. Also fix the kink at the garb.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]